Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,141   Online: 901

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newton's rings

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Newton was a real a**hole for inventing these things. Now we all gotta deal with the stupid things.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    Newton was a real a**hole for inventing these things. Now we all gotta deal with the stupid things.
    Just be glad we don't have to deal with Einstein Rings. Then we would have real problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found that giving the film a quick rinse after using Photoflo eliminated my Newton Ring problems. It may not be the only problem, but excess Photoflo sure seems to contribute.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Old thread. Just order up some real 3mm antiNewton glass from Focal Point and be done with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Drew, on several occations I've considered getting some Focal Point A-N glass for some of my carrier experiments/projects but never got around to it. What specifically is different/special about Focal Point's A-N glass compared to other A-N glass?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    There just aren't many choice left for true AN glass. Focal Point will custom cut your glass and edge it with
    either 2mm or 3mm stock, and they're reasonable. Etched picture frame glass isn't the same thing - it breaks
    way easier and sometimes causes minor optical issues the way it diffuses the light. At one time I had samples of
    AN glass from all over the world. The best came from Belgium. It's a fussier topic in an enlarging carrier than a
    contact frame.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin