Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,131   Online: 1057

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Any news on Lodima Fine Art/Azo? [assorted speculation]

Pardon me if this is old news, but M&P's Azo substitute now has a name: "Lodima Fine Art".

Still trying to amass the needed funds, though...
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seadrive
    Pardon me if this is old news, but M&P's Azo substitute now has a name: "Lodima Fine Art".

Still trying to amass the needed funds, though...

Can you say "amidoL" backwards.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ha, ha! Thanks, Matt, I missed that!

Lodima Press is the name of their book company, so I guess it shouldn't come as a shock that they're also using it for the paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well a name seems to infer that things are moving along with the new paper.
    I am pulling for Michael and Paula to pull it off.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey Jim, that's a lot of pulling.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Has anyone done a test of this paper to determine the scale yet? I'm curoius about what can be expected, compared to previous (and various) interations of azo from the great yellow father ("new" grade 2 @ 1.65, "old" grade 2 @ 1.5, etc.). tim

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The paper isn't here yet, but they did testing during its development. The paper itself has been ordered and they're pushing to finalize production before the humidity of summer sets in. The last I heard, they had something like 70% of the money they needed to pay for production in the form of advance orders. The details are all available on the Azo forum at their Website (www.michaelandpaula.com).

Hats off to them for undertaking this. I've been experimenting with various enlarging papers since the demise of Azo and I just haven't been very impressed with anything I've tried yet.
    Scott Killian
    www.scottkillian.com

Shooter
    35mm

Any news on Lodima Fine Art/Azo?

Has anyone heard anything as of late? I couldn't find anything on the AZO forum.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner
    Has anyone heard anything as of late? I couldn't find anything on the AZO forum.
    The last thing I saw on the AZO forum about Lodima was the following message from Michael Smith, from about a month ago.

"I was going to send the paper to Sandy so he could run curves on it, but I have not done so. We tested the paper and it was too contrasty. One reason was that the emulsion had not aged. So, since the paper needs to age, as well as to have other minor adjustments made to it, there was no point in wasting Sandy's time.

We have discussed this with the manufacturer and have been assured that all adjustments would be made. At this pont we areconfident that we will have paper. But we do not yet have a delivery date."

My understanding is that the the emulsion is now aging and the paper will be released when it satisfies Michael's requirements for contrast.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Michael made one reply in a thread I can no longer find that said he expected to make an announcement the next day. That was several weeks ago, and I have not seen an announcement.

I guess we'll know when we know.
    juan

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin