Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,917   Online: 863

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Webb View Post
    Donald Miller Quote: I have retouched on both the base and emulsion side of the film with no difference in the results obtained...regardless of what others will tell you.
    Donald, I have a feeling this comment was meant for me!

Once again you are wrong! The retouching done on the base side cannot be anything else but the thickness of the film base less sharp when contact printed or enlarged. For greater diffusion add more layers of matte acetate/mylar to increase the distance between the emulsion grain and the actual retouching done on the acetate or mylar.

Retouching done on the emulsion side is in exact contact with the grain of the emulsion resulting in the exact same degree of sharpness as the grain itself. Any effort to diffuse retouching done on the emulsion side will
    result in diffusing the whole image on the negative.

Anyone that ever retouched a negative has worked on both sides of the negative. There is a difference Donald, even if you don't want to admit it!
    The difference can and will be noticable in the finished print.

This tid bit of information is not my own discovery, it has been known and used by real retouchers since flaws were found in the first negatives ever made. So Donald, I am not trying to tilt you off of your "Guru Seat", but what I have said is fact.

Charlie...........................................[/QUOTE]

Charlie,

You flatter yourself if you think that I would waste my time in addressing anything toward you. My experience stands as my experience. If you don't like it go suck on a rock and leave me alone.

If anyone has a bleeding deacon demeaner it is you. Youir experience may be valuable to you. My experience is valuable to me. You fail to grasp that there is more than one way to do something. Did it take you a long time to develop this rigid and narrow minded approach to things?
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The great "Artist and photographic Guru has spoken: But he knows he is dead wrong!

Charlie.....................

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Uh-Oh! There's going to be some evolving going on here!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes View Post
    Uh-Oh! There's going to be some evolving going on here!
    That may be, but WTF does that have to do with masks for contact printing? Enlighten me on that one please.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Nothing - Inside joke...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin