Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,492   Posts: 1,571,370   Online: 974

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Replacement Glass Size for a NuArc 26-1K Vacuum Frame

Picked up my new-to-me NuArc 26-1K this weekend and I need to get a piece of glass for the vacuum frame (not the glass that goes over the light, I have that one). Can someone measure their's and give me the height x length x width measurements so I can have the local glass place cut me a piece from plate glass this week?
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the glass is out, it'll have to come out anyway, and the retaining brackets are removed you can measure the space and subtract 1/4 inch or less from each dimension and be reasonably sure of the fit. If the glass is still in the frame you have a chance to measure the glass remains before the removal. Even the rubber cushion between the glass and frame will carry an imprint that can be measured if done carefully. Don't get cheap glass, the thicker plate glass is preferable and be sure the glass doesn't have the greenish tint from the UV absorbing iron contamination.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    Picked up my new-to-me NuArc 26-1K this weekend and I need to get a piece of glass for the vacuum frame (not the glass that goes over the light, I have that one). Can someone measure their's and give me the height x length x width measurements so I can have the local glass place cut me a piece from plate glass this week?
    29 1/2" x 25 3/8"

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP
    29 1/2" x 25 3/8"
    3/16" thick

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP
    3/16" thick
    Jeremy, anything close to those measurements will work. 29 1/2 x 25 1/2 will work fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just ordered my glass.

29.5 x 25.5 x 3/16"

It'll be ready next Wednesday with nice rounded edges so I get to keep all 10 fingers
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin