Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,668   Posts: 1,481,744   Online: 862

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    I'm quite happy using other materials though I'll surely give Lodima a try when it's released. In the meantime, I'd suggest not letting this fellow and others like him bait you... I'm not sure how sitting around a computer bitching about a paper you don't use makes someone any more creative than anyone else. Keep on keeping on and let the trolls continue guarding their little bridges. :rolleyes:
    have you even read the crap posted here? and you infer i'm some kind of troll guarding a little kingdom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From beholding some of Michael and Paula's work I can tell that their approach to photography is highly creative. It's beautiful and impressive. If they are pursuing a paper to be made, in order to continue their print making - then they are doing what they feel is necessary. I think it's pretty creative.
    Who is the last person you heard of doing something like that? It's an incredible undertaking for a cause supporting their beliefs in the ultimate of print making. They have won a lot of respect from people, fellow photographers, collectors, as well as curators/buyers at museums for their work. Surely there must be something to it?
    If I can afford it (and the cameras I need for large negs), I will try some.
    - Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    From beholding some of Michael and Paula's work I can tell that their approach to photography is highly creative. It's beautiful and impressive. If they are pursuing a paper to be made, in order to continue their print making - then they are doing what they feel is necessary. I think it's pretty creative.
    Who is the last person you heard of doing something like that? It's an incredible undertaking for a cause supporting their beliefs in the ultimate of print making. They have won a lot of respect from people, fellow photographers, collectors, as well as curators/buyers at museums for their work. Surely there must be something to it?
    If I can afford it (and the cameras I need for large negs), I will try some.
    - Thomas
    why Thomas? that's how they (and many wannabes) do it, you need to find your own way, there is no magic formula

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    But using Azo or its replacement could be a route to your 'own way'. What's wrong with that?

I do agree every bit of 100% that there is no magic formula. That is the hardest bit of truth to come by as a photographer.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    But using Azo or its replacement could be a route to your 'own way'. What's wrong with that?

I do agree every bit of 100% that there is no magic formula. That is the hardest bit of truth to come by as a photographer.
    yes it could be Thomas, so could any number of more readily available options

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Heath View Post
    have you even read the crap posted here? and you infer i'm some kind of troll guarding a little kingdom
    Here I am, taking your bait against my own advise.

I agree with your sentiments about magic formulas... I make contact prints and I'm beginning to like plain old Ilford MGIV fb with split grade printing more and more. Regardless, the fact is you're hanging out here making negative posts about a product you don't even plan to use. Why? Are you the next great Savior who is going to make real artists out of all these forum users and Azo lovers? Give me a break. If you're not interested in the product why continually harass those who are? Pretty freakin' lame, man.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well said Shawn.

jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    Here I am, taking your bait against my own advise.

I agree with your sentiments about magic formulas... I make contact prints and I'm beginning to like plain old Ilford MGIV fb with split grade printing more and more. Regardless, the fact is you're hanging out here making negative posts about a product you don't even plan to use. Why? Are you the next great Savior who is going to make real artists out of all these forum users and Azo lovers? Give me a break. If you're not interested in the product why continually harass those who are? Pretty freakin' lame, man.
    Shawn, i thought this was an open forum, and as such i believed i had a right to express an opinion

what is "lame" is that too many on this site are afraid to express a contrary opinion, another perspective or a different approach

pretty freakin restrictive, man

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    Well said Shawn.

jan
    and there's another

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ray, You are in a nice mood today but on the other hand when are you not?

jan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin