Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,627   Online: 912

Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ray,
    what you're doing is not expressing new perspectives or approaches. You're quite simply and obviously trying to bait people and attacking those who care about bringing a new traditional based product to market. What else would you call a post consisting of only the following?

"so, where is this great new paper many of you can't work without?" Ray Heath. Anyway, this is boring me.

Best wishes to M&P in their endeavor.

Ray, I wish you good light. I have no doubt you're able to make wonderful photographs using just about any material available to you and I hope to see them posted in the gallery. All the best. Shawn

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Smith View Post
    Lodima Fine Art (Azo replacement) update:

Paula and I are making good progress. Still more testing to be done, however. Because of our travel schedule, we may not be able to do the next round of testing until late January. It is possible that we could have paper by summer or, because of our travel schedule, by early fall.

Michael A. Smith
    Well, January is almost over. Perhaps Michael will have an update for us soon.....
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    I understand in a general sense that fear is a natural emotion for anyone that is interested in this project and does not yet have a realized conclusion.
    I don't. M&P have yet to collect the first dime from any potential consumer of this product. My risk in this venture is a whopping ZERO. That's in any unit of currency you care to use.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_joe6 View Post
    And to Kirk,whereabouts in Portland are you?
    SE - a little east of Reed College - in the low rent district.
    Shoot me a PM.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jgjbowen View Post
    Michael,

Does "this paper" refer to Azo? If not, have you had he opportunity to see/test Lodima?
    I'm sorry I'm talking about Axo. I wish I could get my hands on the new paper.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    This assertion needs to be put into the proper perspective.

If you go back and review the project on the Azo web site you will see that Michael and Paula are relying upon the participation of silver chloride users to finance it and pull this project off. They are artists in the true sense of the word and their contribution to this endeavor is that they are the catalyist that are out there continuing to promote the concept of a silver chloride paper in the market place with their extensive experience with this project (nobody knows Azo like they do), the massive allocation of their personal time, travel expenses, phone calls and the passion that is common with them in their desire to continue to have a silver chloride paper to express themselves and for others to do so as well. I can further assure you that when they get their teeth into a project it is not set aside until it is completed because that is just how they do things. As a result, the Azo project is not now and since its initiation has never been on "hold".

We as consumers of silver chloride printing paper will be called upon to do our share at some point in the not to distant future so do not be surprised when we will need to reach for the checkbook or the credit card. That will truly be a defining monent in the new and improved analog business going forward.

Maintaining a positive attitude and continuing to promote analog are two very important contributions we can all make in the interim.

Onward!
    thank you, you did a better job explaining than i did. But They do have a $1500.00 check from me for paper and after almost two years they have not cashed it. That is telling me they are putting out the money for this and when it is ready they will depend on us to resend them a check for the purchase. which we better do.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by michael9793 View Post
    thank you, you did a better job explaining than i did. But They do have a $1500.00 check from me for paper and after almost two years they have not cashed it. That is telling me they are putting out the money for this and when it is ready they will depend on us to resend them a check for the purchase. which we better do.
    Thanks. In a desire to print with a quality silver chloride paper, like many others among us we have a very noble common objective. As much as we hope and pray that Michael and Paula find success, there are a number of technical and logistical issues for which the stars must line up correctly to allow this to take place. Anytime the journey begins from a blank piece of paper success is not going to occur over night. We should have an update from M&P in the next few months.

Cheers!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michael9793 View Post
    I'm sorry I'm talking about Axo. I wish I could get my hands on the new paper.
    Michael,

Thanks for the clarification
    John Bowen

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Anytime the journey begins from a blank piece of paper success is not going to occur over night.
    You should take PE's class on emulsion making. A silver chloride emulsion is pretty easy to make. I've seen a print on Azo and a print with PE's emulsion made by someone that knows Azo and I have to say that I liked the print on PE's emulsion better.

You guys might like to take matters into your own hands and learn how to make your own silver chloride papers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kirk;

Thanks.

Anyone can make their own with a few simple ingredients and some equipment.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin