Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,570,016   Online: 895

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 123456781252 ... LastLast
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info-can't wait to try it!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Michael;

Great news. I hope things go well!

Ron

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Smith View Post
    Because of summer humidity, and how humidity affects the process of having sensitive paper made, the paper cannot be made in the summer in any case.

Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee
    I wonder if this is the case for ALL photo papers, or just the paper made in the particular plant that Lodima will be made at? Surely Kodak, Ilford and Fuji (big three) have air conditioning and humidity control to be able to continuously make paper products year round? I know Lodima will be made by a smaller factory, but wouldn't all film and paper factories have the facilities to make their products year round?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Michael,

This is great news!! I look forward to trying the new paper with some of my 8x10 negatives.

Mike Davis

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Indeed very good news. Never used Azo due lack of format for contact printing but now with an 8x10 in the family i can't wait to see Lodima released for sale.
    Thanks for the update Michael and good luck with the progress finalizing this developement project.

jan

Shooter
    Large Format
    This is very good news. I'm reminded of a phrase from the early 70s - "Power to the People" including lyrics by John Lennon ;-) Maybe the analog community does have power, including being able to satisfy our own needs. A well-done effort, Michael. Now I need to save some money to put in an order.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Smith View Post
    If the paper has not lost any contrast and seems to still be good we will go into production in early fall.

Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee
    This is good news.

I'm looking forward to getting those two rolls I ordered.

cheers and thank you.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Awesome news! I will be 'upping' my order and hope others will as well...

Curious, I know you were trying to make Lodima perhaps 'better' than the former AZO....what are your thoughts? Also, did you test multiple grades? the comment that it was too contrast? Or, just right? Just right for a particular grade? Or, was it a general tonal contrast?

At any rate, this is great news as my supply of AZO is running low. I also know others that have not pre-ordered, but are interested in purchasing some Lodima having seen your prints recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm glad that Michael and Paula are taking the necessary time to get the paper right before they proceed with distribution. I wish them every success and promise to try their product when it is available.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Outstanding news and congratulations. I'm very much looking forward to printing on Lodima.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 123456781252 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin