Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,149   Online: 993

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111555 ... LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Been a couple of months now, and fall is approaching, and we all hopefully know what that could mean!

Michael, any new news to share on the development of this long and anxiously awaited paper?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_joe6 View Post
    Been a couple of months now, and fall is approaching, and we all hopefully know what that could mean!

Michael, any new news to share on the development of this long and anxiously awaited paper?
    Take a look here: http://www.michaelandpaula.com/mp/newpaper.html

I'm sending Michael and Paula a check for an additional thousand sheets of the new Lodima paper. It takes a substantial amount of money and effort to start and sustain a project like this one.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom, I don't see anything new in that link. As for sending a check, I sent one about a year and a half ago that has still not been cashed. When I inquired, Michael said they were not cashing the checks until they could deliver paper - a practice I find commendable.

As we've seen with other projects, making a new photo product is a bit more daunting than most of us had imagined. I'm willing to wait - and to help in any way I can.
    juan

Yes this whole project is even more than a bit daunting, but we have been making progress and are VERY hopeful that we will eventually have a most superior paper. We want this paper for ourselves as well as for the greater LF photography community, and those of you who know us know that we are more than a little demanding. We will not stop working at getting it right until the paper is at least as good as Azo was. And we are hoping it will be as good as the Azo from the older days.

Thanks for everyone's support. We will need tons of $ when the time comes to actually pay for the paper. We have a fair amount of advance orders, but we will need more. At the time we need the $ we will ask for furhter advance orders. For now, we are just gathering names of those who will be wanting the paper.

We want to keep the price of this paper the same as the price for Azo. But because the dollar has fallen significantly against the Euro it is likely that the paper will need to be sold at a higher price. We are resolved, however, to keep the price the same for all pre-orders. The only way we will not do that is in the case that if we did not raise the price there was no way we could pay for the paper.

Again, thanks for everyone's support. Alone, Paula and I could not begin to do this.

Michael A. Smith

Status of Lodima Fine Art update 11/27/07

Lodima Fine Art (Azo replacement) update:

Paula and I are making good progress. Still more testing to be done, however. Because of our travel schedule, we may not be able to do the next round of testing until late January. It is possible that we could have paper by summer or, because of our travel schedule, by early fall.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good news Michael, thanks for the update.

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Large Format
    Keeping the old fingers crossed on this one. Thanks for keeping us informed!

John
    John Bowen

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Yes, this is definitely good news. (And I hope Photo Paris went well.)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Good News, thanks for your update, my finger are always crossed!!!! :-)

Stefano
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I'm also waiting and will continue to Michael. When it arrives I'll still be on the buyers list.

cheers and thank you !!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin