Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,959   Online: 792

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3434748495051525354555657 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo10ca View Post

What developer are you using? My "N" test neg was developed in Pyrocat HD, as was one of my negs that prints nicely at grade 3 on MGIV- apparently they take much longer exposure times due to the stain.
    The developer makes all the difference. My best Azo prints are printed from negatives developed in Harvey's and they're unprintable on Lodima. Pyrocat negatives need much longer exposure times, which leads me to conclude that Azo and Lodima have very different spectral sensitivities. However, I've never been able to get quite the glow I like with Pyrocat. I've always reserved its use for semi-stand negatives, which I don't do very often.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo10ca View Post
    I have a hard time believing there's something wrong with my negative exposure and development system because it has proven itself accurate to me, most especially with this test neg I've used.
    There's never anything wrong with exposure or development that gets you the prints you want.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Michael announced the Large Lodima Order. Details are on the Azo forum.
    John Bowen

I will be making announcement about taking orders for Lodima Fine Art paper as soon as we work a few bugs out on the announcement page and on the shopping cart. If you all could wait a couple o days before discussing this, I would sure appreciate it.

I will start a new thread for the announcement.

We are also about to become sponsors here on APUG. We have been wanting to do that for a long time, and to offer special things to APUG members, but we just have to work out the bugs first and those things take us way too long, since we are not savvy about HTML and how web sites are constructed.

Many thanks for your consideration.

Michael A. Smith

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Michael, Did order #192 fail? it did appear to go through since i got the confirming email.
    Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As a side, how is the latest book in the Brett Weston series coming along?

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Large Format
    Curt,
    I just received a Hard Bound Copy of a Brett Weston book in the past 10 days.
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jgjbowen View Post
    Curt,
    I just received a Hard Bound Copy of a Brett Weston book in the past 10 days.
    Do you have a hard bound edition subscription? I realized that a book should be out pretty soon, I have the soft bound subscription and I'm really enjoying them. I'm putting together a new library room so there is space ready for them.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes, I have a hard bound ediiton subscription. When you get your copy, check out image #9. Let me know what you think.
    John Bowen

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    May I ask the tltle ?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin