Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,087   Posts: 1,612,303   Online: 1165

Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 44448495051525354555657 LastLast

We will be mailing the softbound books this week.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yea, I'll be looking for it and I will definately look at image #9.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Smith View Post
    We will be mailing the softbound books this week.

Michael A. Smith
    Do you mail one or two issues ?
    Oregon, 1975 only or with Portraits Of My Father, 1977 ??

For those outside of the USA we send the two titles we print--this saves significant postage costs. Since this is not an issue or those in the USA, we only send one title and the next one approximately two to three months later.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jgjbowen View Post
    Yes, I have a hard bound ediiton subscription. When you get your copy, check out image #9. Let me know what you think.
    John, I was looking and reading through the previous books I've received to date, it's interesting that you referenced image #9 in the book, "Oregon", which I've yet to receive, I found something that might interest you.

Look at image #9 in the "Fifteen Photographs of Japan", then read the commentary at end and note the comments for #3, #7, #9. Tell me what you see after reading the comments.

I love these books of the portfolios and they will occupy a special place in my library. I made a recent inquiry about future gallery shows and received a reply.

Thank you for your interest. The next museum exhibition we are planning will be at the Colorado Springs Fine Art Center in Colorado June 4 - August 21, 2011. It will consist of 60 images, and will look at his west coast vs. east coast images. As far as galleries go, the Weston Gallery in Carmel shows Brett's work although I'm not aware of a specific show at this time. In general there will probably be a lot of Brett Weston shows in 2011 as that will be the centennial of his birth.
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe next week? I'm keeping a lookout for the mail so it isn't left in the rain, or snow, as it might any day now.

Curt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Have they been shipped?
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Brett-Weston-Fif...item588af8914c

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Brett-Weston-Fif...item588af8914c

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????
    I pay more than that for the soft cover, once you factor in shipping. Looks like a helluva deal. I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I weren't already signed up for the soft cover series.

Has any of you who's a subscriber to the soft cover series gotten yours yet?
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not yet.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin