Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,098   Online: 943

Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by juan View Post
    Kentona.
    juan
    Kentona indeed. Beautiful paper with a lovely color.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    What will you print on in the meantime?
    the last of my azo ..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pkrentz View Post
    Do any of you people get the feeling your being taken for a ride?
    like a good meal, good things take time ...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Centennial POP, and when I have to the last of my Azo.

I have not had any luck with Kentona; too contrasty for my negatives. I also had a bunch of it turn a nasty yellowish brown last time I used it.
    Paul Hamann

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I am using Oriental seagull with Ansco 130. I also use Azo F2 (for my 8x20's)with different dilutions of Ansco 130. Stock usually makes the print too contrasty so I dilute to get the contrast to what I want. I'm also Pd/Pt printing again and find the paper problem exist there too. So I have plenty of avenues to go till Michael can work things out. Remember he has to make a living too. So taking time for this paper has to take a back seat sometimes.

Michael Andersen
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yellow happened to me too, it was truly disheartening after a lot of darkroom work. You can dilute your developer to achieve a lower contrast in the paper, however, or use water bath. I use Ansco-130 at 1+2 for normal contrast and 1+3 for lower contrast and slightly warmer. Works well.

- Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    Centennial POP, and when I have to the last of my Azo.

I have not had any luck with Kentona; too contrasty for my negatives. I also had a bunch of it turn a nasty yellowish brown last time I used it.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    500+500+500+500+500=2500 sheets of Azo left, a special project or save for later, eBay or waste off? 2500 sheets would be equal to how many 4x5 or 5x7 contact prints? What about wallet size? It would be a good way to waste off the Amidol that I have been hoarding too.

Good luck Michael with the new paper.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    500+500+500+500+500=2500 sheets of Azo left, a special project or save for later, eBay or waste off?
    Ebay - take the money, put it in the bank, and retire early.

Quote Originally Posted by michael9793 View Post
    So I have plenty of avenues to go till Michael can work things out. Remember he has to make a living too. So taking time for this paper has to take a back seat sometimes.

Michael Andersen
    I can tell you from direct first hand experience that Michael always finds time to keep advancing Project Lomida concurrent with his regular work load. Technological advances such as mobile phones and portable computers assisgn greatly in this regard wherever their travels may take them.

It is a very complex logistically challenging endevor, but I like his chances.

Cheers!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I think it is great what Michael is doing and don't know him at all, but do know how dedicated he is from his forum and books of his I've seen. I assume he will succeed and we will have a new contact printing paper that exceeds our expectations!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin