Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,081   Online: 992

Page 1 of 57 12345671151 ... LastLast

Lodima Fine Art Paper--Official reports and Member Responses

We tested the next iteration of the new, forthcoming, Lodima Fine Art paper. We also re-tested the paper we originally tested in April.

The April paper: When we tested this paper in April we found that it was too contrasty and the color was too cool. We were told that it would age for six months or so and then stabilize. The paper now has far less contrast--it is much better than before, but it is still not right.

The October paper: This paper has less contrast than the April paper. But it is still a mite too contrasty. The color is better--warmer than the April paper, but it also is still too cool.

We have spoken with the manufacturer and they told me they will be making the necessary corrections.

So, the paper is not ready yet. I know that many are waiting for this new paper, but I assure everyone that no one is more eager to get the new paper than me and Paula.

We appreciate everyone's patience. We WILL get this paper made. And it will be as beautiful as Azo is.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I will start looking for 8X10 camera now .

Good luck to you and the new Azo paper.

Alex W.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Another few months seems like an eternity; but maybe by then I'll actually have some decent 7X17 negs. Would really be cool if its available for the View Camera Conference next June (if not earlier). Thanks Michael for the update.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the update. It's still not as long a wait as for the wonderful amidol order. I have a big card hanging in my workroom - Patience.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Michael. Now that I'm shooting 8x10 as well, I've been anxious to get some..

We appreciate your dedication and look forward to the finished product.
    Matt
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks Michael for your update...
    My 8x10 negative waiting for this paper and I'm thinking to buy a 8x20 camera....
    I'm waiting for your next update... and I hope will be the right one!!!!!!

Best

Stefano
    Italy
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Forward!

Ok, alright already!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Smith View Post
    We tested the next iteration of the new, forthcoming, Lodima Fine Art paper. We also re-tested the paper we originally tested in April.

The April paper: When we tested this paper in April we found that it was too contrasty and the color was too cool. We were told that it would age for six months or so and then stabilize. The paper now has far less contrast--it is much better than before, but it is still not right.

The October paper: This paper has less contrast than the April paper. But it is still a mite too contrasty. The color is better--warmer than the April paper, but it also is still too cool.

We have spoken with the manufacturer and they told me they will be making the necessary corrections.

So, the paper is not ready yet. I know that many are waiting for this new paper, but I assure everyone that no one is more eager to get the new paper than me and Paula.

We appreciate everyone's patience. We WILL get this paper made. And it will be as beautiful as Azo is.

Michael A. Smith
    Michael. this is good news. It takes as long as it takes to get it right. I know the quality will be excellent. I just need to get the $$$ together for some 8x20 paper. When the cameras is done in the next few months I'll have some wonderful paper to print on. Thanks.

Jim

Testing The New Lomida Fine Art Paper

I cannot say how fortunate we are to be represented in these business proceedings with such a wealth of experience with silver chloride photographic paper. There is no way in hell we would be talking about this subject without your taking the lead in securing this marvelous paper. I know that when you and Paula are satisfied that the paper is right, we will all collectively jump for joy.

In the meantime, we are all saving up and honing our photographic skills in preparation to fully utilize this paper when it finally arrives.

Thanks again for doing what you both do best!

Cheers!

Status of Lodima Fine Art

A few days ago we tested the new replacement paper for Azo, Lodima Fine Art. We are very happy to report that, with some slight modification to the Amidol developer, the test prints matched the control print almost exactly.

This paper was briefly tested in February by our assistant (we were traveling) and he told us that the paper was too contrasty and that the speed was too fast. When we tested the paper the other day this is what we found: the speed of the paper is faster than Azo, but it did not seem intolerably fast. The contrast seemed to be just right.

Ron Mowrey, a former Kodak engineer, in a forum on the Internet wrote that when paper "ages" after it is put in the box (and the contrast is reduced) it will continue to "age" and lose contrast. We will be testing this same paper again in a few months and again at the end of the summer. If the paper has not lost any contrast and seems to still be good we will go into production in early fall.

Because of summer humidity, and how humidity affects the process of having sensitive paper made, the paper cannot be made in the summer in any case.

So for now, the news is good news.

Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee

Page 1 of 57 12345671151 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin