Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,915   Online: 980

Thread: Help me choose

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Help me choose

Hi all I'm thinking of trying some of the Nuance paper from J&C. But I'm having a hard time making up my mind between the "hard" and the "normal". If my preference in the past was AZO grade 2, would Nuance normal be more pleaseing to me, ya think? Thanks in advance for the help!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'd recommend Kentona before Nuance, but if you're dead set on Nuance, use the normal grade if you liked grade 2 azo. If you're planning on printing your old azo negs, you'll most likely have to use a water bath with it.
    Joe Freeman

Shooter
    Large Format
    Actually, I just remembered; I bought 2 boxes of Nuance (8x10 100 sheets), one normal and one hard, before I tried Kentona. Now that I'm only using Kentona, I really don't have any use for the Nuance. So, they're for sale. I used less than ten sheets from both boxes. $75 for the both of them.
    Joe Freeman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Joe The Kentona sounds nice but it is a warm tone paper.. I generally go for the colder/neutral shades. But thank you for your advice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got some and I'm printing Pyrocat negatives exposed and developed normally by BTZS on the normal paper. I think it's more in line with grade 2 regular papers than the last batch of Azo grade 2, which was very soft. If your negatives were made to print on the last Azo, the normal would be your best shot.
    juan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin