Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,528   Posts: 1,572,416   Online: 1142

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by avandesande View Post
    I am using rapid fixer.... does the same thing about using regular hypo apply? Anyone else having problems with this?
    I use only plain hypo fixer for printing. I think that if you do your problems will disappear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim, I have a friend who has tried Kentona - I don't remember the developer, but it was probably Nutrol or Ansco 130. He wound up with a blotchy, cream-colored (coloured) tint to his prints. Have you seen this problem using amidol?
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used Kentona in Neutol WA and Ansco 130 with excellent results (as well as with Ilford Warmtone and Multigrade devs) so I very much doubt your friend's problem was typical. The paper has been widely used for years so any such "blotchy" problem would have come to light many moons ago.

Personal experience tells me that 99% of the time when I have had a problem with any negative or print it was my fault, not the material's fault...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by juan View Post
    Jim, I have a friend who has tried Kentona - I don't remember the developer, but it was probably Nutrol or Ansco 130. He wound up with a blotchy, cream-colored (coloured) tint to his prints. Have you seen this problem using amidol?
    juan
    No

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I tried with hypo fixer, and I was able to wash the prints clean of the pink after a long time. It is kind of annoying trying to figure out what the final look of the print is going to be when it is so highly color. Have you guys had the same experience?
    Thanks
    art is about managing compromise

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by avandesande View Post
    I tried with hypo fixer, and I was able to wash the prints clean of the pink after a long time. It is kind of annoying trying to figure out what the final look of the print is going to be when it is so highly color. Have you guys had the same experience?
    Thanks
    The only time I had any color problems was when I overtoned them in concentrated Kodak RST. They turned a bilious magenta. But in the plain hypo fixer they were a gorgeous warm black. Always.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can pretty much get the pink out, interestingly enough with a side by side comparison the kentmere bromide appeared warmer than the kentona. The kentona had a hint of green, and the bromide paper had a very slight purple, much like a hint of selenium toner.
    The emulsion is soft though and seems to pick up junk from my water, which is not filtered. I am probably going to give a nod to the bromide paper since it is easier to use, and the tonality to my eyes (other than the color) pretty much the same.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    What "BULK" purchase of Chinese Amidol? Was that a one time thing? Is it significantly cheaper?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    What "BULK" purchase of Chinese Amidol? Was that a one time thing? Is it significantly cheaper?
    That's all a done deal. If you held a gun to Gregs' head to do another one he would probably say,"shoot".

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Some of the people that help organize the purchase had people back out... you could probably score some with a WTB in the classifieds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin