Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,406   Online: 713

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    Is it significantly cheaper?
    Yes. After packaging and shipping it worked out to about $60.00/lb. That's why we did it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am one who bought into the Bulk Purchase but found out later I would have to deal with PhotogFormulary to get the stuff sent. I refuse to deal with these jokers for anything, for any reason or under any circumstances. Anyone want to buy me out so they can get in on the full 10 pounds that is sitting at Formulary waiting for the final payment?

I so, email me at wareaglemtn@yahoo.com and we can get it figured out.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Since Kentona is developer incorporated are you seeing any difference in using amidol vs "regular" developers?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    A friend of mine and i have been working on a very close situation to yours. He kept saying his prints would turn pink by the time they finished washing. He thought it was his developer or fixer or something like that. But when I asked him how he set it up I didn't think it was the chemicals. I took some of the so called pink prints and rewashed some at my darkroom, then refixed some. nothing happened. then I throw one into Potassium Ferricyanide and found that the print turned brown! Well what he thought was pink was a very light brown stain. He uses well water at his home so we tried something different. Instead of washing his prints for 30mins. we did what perma wash indicatd for SW paper. 5 mins wash 5 mins perma wash and then 5 mins wash. NO STAINING. There is something in his water that is reacting with the silver in the print and staining it. He is going to get his water checked for metals and elements to see if we can figure out which one.
    I'm not sure this is your problems but, I thought I would relay what we had.

Regards

Michael Andersen
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michael9793 View Post
    A friend of mine and i have been working on a very close situation to yours. He kept saying his prints would turn pink by the time they finished washing. He thought it was his developer or fixer or something like that. But when I asked him how he set it up I didn't think it was the chemicals. I took some of the so called pink prints and rewashed some at my darkroom, then refixed some. nothing happened. then I throw one into Potassium Ferricyanide and found that the print turned brown! Well what he thought was pink was a very light brown stain. He uses well water at his home so we tried something different. Instead of washing his prints for 30mins. we did what perma wash indicatd for SW paper. 5 mins wash 5 mins perma wash and then 5 mins wash. NO STAINING. There is something in his water that is reacting with the silver in the print and staining it. He is going to get his water checked for metals and elements to see if we can figure out which one.
    I'm not sure this is your problems but, I thought I would relay what we had.

Regards

Michael Andersen
    I've noticed the same problem with Kentona in Ansco 130. I keep getting a print with a very slight, but noticable, yellow/brown tint in the highlights. Almost like the paper was slightly fogged. I couldn't figure it out. Thanks for the info about the Permawash...I'll try that today and see how it works for me.
    RL Foley

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin