Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,483   Online: 848

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Amidol + Kentona what formula?

What amidol combination are you using to print on Kentmere Kentona?
    art is about managing compromise

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Michael A Smith's Amidol formula works just fine with Kentona. You can get it from his Website at www.michaelandpaula.com
    Scott Killian
    www.scottkillian.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    MAS formula works fine with the bromide paper. Havent tried kentona yet though. His formula works good with just about anything.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by vet173 View Post
    MAS formula works fine with the bromide paper. Havent tried kentona yet though. His formula works good with just about anything.
    Do you mean his Amidol formula for contact printing on AZO or the one he suggests for enlarging papers?

Thanks,
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I use his contact printing formula with Kentona with great results. The only thing I change sometimes is the bromide to get a little warmer image tone.
    Scott Killian
    www.scottkillian.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga View Post
    Do you mean his Amidol formula for contact printing on AZO or the one he suggests for enlarging papers?

Thanks,
    The one for enlarging.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    How do you recommend something you haven't tried?
    Scott Killian
    www.scottkillian.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga View Post

Thanks,
    I've developed contact prints on both Azo and Kentona from the same negative in the same batch of MAS contact printing formula Amidol using the Amidol from the recent Chinese bulk purchase. I also developed both papers (again using the same negative) in Amidol from Artcraft, again using Michael Smith's contact printing formula. We used either 4 or 8 ccs bromide (I can't remember which was which) per liter in these Amidol working solutions.

The results were beautiful for both papers and for both sources of Amidol. The image color of Kentona was superior to my eye. But in any case, the answer to your question is that the contact printing formula works fine for Kentona.

I would be hesitant to even try the enlarging formula because the benzotriazole might really screw up the beautiful color you get with Kentona.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was curious to see if I would be stuck using BZ, it seems like the bromide is good enough.
    Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Okay, I am set up with the Chinese amidol (this stuff is ugly!)
    I am having some problems with 'pinking' of the emulsion with kentona if I develop for more than a minute or so. The bromide paper does not seem to be effected.

I am using rapid fixer.... does the same thing about using regular hypo apply? Anyone else having problems with this?

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin