Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,900   Posts: 1,555,801   Online: 816

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

light

when I did this could not find the R40 bulb. Instead use a Sylvania 200Watt bulb
    #S488. I have it inside a small aluminum cone and have the lamp attached to a pulley on the ceiling for convenience if I need to raise or lower the bulb. So far I have it set at 37 inches and it works perfectly. Times range from about 25-50 seconds for grade #2. Hope this helps....(also gives a great suntan)
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bobherbst View Post
    I also use a light integrator and a modified photo cell to keep exposures consistent. That became required because my wife would be doing laundry in the room next door and every time the dryer was turned on or off, the light would dim or brighten from the line voltage changes enough to have a big effect on the print values.
    There is also the option of using a conditioning power supply for a computer. I have been using a TrippLite backup/filtering/conditioning supply for over a decade. The voltage coming out is regulated by continuously switching between transformer taps. As the voltage fluctuates, I hear the relays clicking. It takes quite a voltage jump for it to switch over to the battery backup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin