Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,763   Posts: 1,516,204   Online: 1040

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My impression is that Freestyle is selling Efke Emaks graded, which is the same paper as J&C Nuance (the grading system might be different, but relatively, it should be the same paper).
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used Azo exclusively. Then in November, I made the decision to use Polywarmtone exclusively. Obviously the end of paper manufacture is my fault. I'm afraid to choose another. Maybe I'll do salt prints on school notebook paper.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by juan View Post
    Maybe I'll do salt prints on school notebook paper.
    juan
    that is what i am going to be doing -
    salt prints and cyanotypes on scrap paper.
    at least i know the stationary store won't stop selling paper ...

--john
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by juan View Post
    I used Azo exclusively. Then in November, I made the decision to use Polywarmtone exclusively. Obviously the end of paper manufacture is my fault. I'm afraid to choose another. Maybe I'll do salt prints on school notebook paper.
    juan
    Pretty much the same situation I fell into Juan.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan McIntosh View Post

If Lodima paper were to not become available, I would simply find another paper available. Preferable single weight and graded.
    www.RyanMcIntosh.net
    We could always dream that maybe Ilford might someday produce a silver chloride paper.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga View Post
    We could always dream that maybe Ilford might someday produce a silver chloride paper.
    I don't shoot LF and so I have never printed on AZO, but what is the reason that no other company produces a silver chloride paper? With the obvious popularity of AZO I'm suprised that it has been left to MAS to try and come up with a replacement rather than a company that already produces photographic paper.
    Last edited by Travis Nunn; 03-02-2007 at 12:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Azo was a contact printing paper. Due to its UV sensitivity, it wasn't good for enlarging, as times would be too long with conventional enalrging equipment. Because it occupied a small market niche, the economics of B&W in general, the use of digital technology and the reduced demand for film and paper in today's market, it isn't too attractive as a money maker. tim

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by noseoil View Post
    Azo was a contact printing paper. Due to its UV sensitivity, it wasn't good for enlarging, as times would be too long with conventional enalrging equipment. Because it occupied a small market niche, the economics of B&W in general, the use of digital technology and the reduced demand for film and paper in today's market, it isn't too attractive as a money maker. tim
    Never say never!
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noseoil View Post
    My view is that a slow silver chloride paper makes more sense today than in the past since the slow speed makes it easier to work with in contact printing, and lots of people are going to be making silver prints with digital negatives in the near future, IMHO.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga View Post

What I am wondering is this.

Assume that Kodak gave Ilford the AZO formula and they do a run of Ilford AZO. Should we expect that this paper would have the same characteristics as the AZO paper produced by Kodak? I understand that there is a lot of *art* as well as science in emulsion making.

Perhaps PE would comment?

Sandy King

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin