Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,544   Posts: 1,544,424   Online: 1075

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fujifilm Tone contact paper is one of their oldest products from 1930s, although I'm sure the emulsion itself has been reformulated many times. There is no chance Fujifilm would have bought someone else's emulsion for this product.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RC
    Matte surface
    Why even try it?

Where can we find more information on Fuji contact printing paper? How can we get some here in the USA?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I wonder why they would make RC only?

[quote=Joe VanCleave;459886]Folks;

" NEW ITEM! Fomalux 312 RC Contact Speed: A medium-weight, resin-coated, grade #2, matte surface, very slow speed, silver chloride emulsion paper characterized by a rich halftone scale. Designed primarily for contact work."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Colin Graham;460505]I wonder why they would make RC only?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe VanCleave View Post
    Folks;

" NEW ITEM! Fomalux 312 RC Contact Speed: A medium-weight, resin-coated, grade #2, matte surface, very slow speed, silver chloride emulsion paper characterized by a rich halftone scale. Designed primarily for contact work."
    Because for commercial contact printing of long roll aerial film, RC is the preferred choice?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    first, if you are going to make a contact paper, why make RC. anyone that is serious about contact printing isn't going to use RC. That's like when I asked the local camera store why they don't carry FB paper they told me "no one uses FB paper anymore. Am I out of the loop to think that any professional like Smith, Chamlee, etc. would go to RC paper because it is a chloride printing paper. So why make something that most contact printers would never use. and If they have the tech. to do it why not SW FB paper and do it right? i won't waste my money on it.

c. would use RC to make there print with RC if thet
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I believe it's not aimed at the art market. Don't know what it's for, but not us.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    MAS said on on the Azo forum he may be testing the next batch of Lodima today. Cross your fingers.

Thx
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Christopher Breitenstein[/FONT]<br>

Http://www.wetlabphotography.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The US military use to use literally tons of Azo, at least some RC.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Much of contact printing papers is used for aerial photography, and other technical researches and industrial applications.

B&W fine art market is a VERY tiny portion of photographic industry today. I made a presentation of current market analysis at a regional APUG meeting two months ago but the market is REALLY TINY. Contact printing paper for fine art photography is a TINY portion of the tiny market.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    boy that makes me feel really tiny. but lugging a 8x20 camera isn't tiny, guess it's MAS or nothing in the contact arena. unless RC isn't a problem with most.

mike
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin