Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,838   Online: 718

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michael9793 View Post
    ... guess it's MAS or nothing in the contact arena.... mike
    Or you could go with POP, or Platinum, or albumen or.... I think in our era it's a good idea not to get locked into just one material. On the other hand MAS reported a postive test of his new paper, so we may be seeing that later this year.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    This paper is not for LARGE FORMAT conact printers, but rather just making cheap contact sheet proof's of 35mm negatives, ect. That is why it's RC, and also why it's a low-normal contrast grade only.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    good point Ryan
    mike
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Thank you, everyone, for helping to clarify the intended market audience for this product.

~Joe

DKT

joe--I'm not sure who the intended market would be now, but not so many years ago, a lot of volume printing was done in commercial labs & studios using contact printers like the ones Stouffer made. Studios used to shoot sheet film, and strip in with text with masks, and print off large volumes of catalog info as photo prints--not offset--but actual photo paper, although my experience was with color mostly. So--no it doesn't surprise me that it's made in RC. It could have been used for aerial as some suggested, or it could be for PR work, catalog etc.

btw--I print glass plates at work on an old multilamped contact printer--the kind with movable stages, switchable lamps. I used to get Oriental Portrait in RC and use that, and it was such a slow paper with nice long scale--worked really good for old nitrate negs, and glass plates. I can't get it anymore, and now use MG warmtone and I have to flash that paper to hold the highlight detail and use a harder contrast grade as well. If the Foma paper has a long scale, it might work pretty good for the plates. I need to be able to use a machine processor, so the fact that's it on RC won't bother me, nor that it's matte. If I could find a paper to match the scale of a 100-120 yr old glass plate--it would be a help. Fiber base doesn't help that much.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    On the other hand MAS reported a postive test of his
    new paper, so we may be seeing that later this year.
    I'd like to see what they have to say about Bergger's
    Art Contact 2. www.Bergger.com

And BTW why does not that Bergger paper
    come up for mention? Dan

I have discussed at length the Bergger "Contact Printing Paper." Do a search and you will find my responses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's time for something good to happen to photography so it doesn't die a slow death. What do you think that something should be?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin