Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,979   Online: 862

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Actually there is an alternative but you would have to do some testing. You can use pyro as a paper developer. Pyro is a very high energy developer and you would probably obtain results similar to Amidol. The advantage would be that pyro is much cheaper than amidol. So if you are willing to do some testing and are interested e mail me privately and I will give you a starting formula.

Hey Jorge,

I'd be interested in reading that formula, how about justpublishing it here in the thread?

- William Levitt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Wouldn't pyro have a staining effect that might not be desirable for prints?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Not necessarily David. I use the Peckham Amidol formula for ma Azo prints. It contains equal amounts of Amidol and Pyrocatechin. The pyrocatechin is the main ingredient in some staining film developers, but my Azo prints show no signs of staining......not yet anyways.
    - William Levitt

Shooter
    Large Format
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (William Levitt @ Nov 27 2002, 02:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Hey Jorge,

I&#39;d be interested in reading that formula, how about justpublishing it here in the thread?</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
    Ok WIlliam, look for it next week I am printing some pt now and have to go to Mexico city tomorrow, but will look in my files this weekend...hopefully I can find it&#33; and will publish it here next week.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    "...use of Amidol as an intermittent developer..."

Does that mean that it develops in fits and starts, like a traffic jam moves on the Beltway? Don&#39;t tell me that developers are finally going digital&#33;
    Jim

Yes, I have used Amidol for developing film, but found that it had no advantages over using ABC Pyro 2-1-1-15 for contrasty subjects.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ok, I had a little break and found what I have been doing with this developer.
    Stock Solutions:

Solution A

Pyro 20 grams
    Sodium sulfite 45 grams
    Water to make 1 liter

Solution B

Sodium Carbonate mono 134 grams
    potasium bromide 1 gram
    Water to make 1 liter

Working solution:

1 part solution A, 2 parts solution B, 1 part water

Let me know how you like it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jorge,

How does this compare with developing the same prints with Michael's Amidol formula? Any differences, improvements or shortcomings you can see between the two?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Ok, I had a little break and found what I have been doing with this developer...
    Jorge-

Thanks for publishing this formula here. I'm going to give this a shot sometime soon, and will post anything interesting I find out here on APUG.

Be well.
    Dave
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin