Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,382   Online: 814

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I want all of them on 1 sheet but nicely printed. The reason is that I never get them as nicely alligned as I would. A contact frame would give me the oppertunity to get it nice enough to only do contact instead of making prints of all those negatives.

BTW, I mailed to a paterson distributor and he told me that they still deliver that type of frame, that is if I could get it over my heart to spend about 100$ (or roughly 95euro) for it. Dang, that's expensive for some plastic stuff.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Hi, there is also an item called Saunders 120 Super Proofer that has slots to hold the film in place.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    I still think there is confusion. I think what's desired is a 6x6 print of a single frame, centered on the paper, suitible for display...not a proof sheet.
    Hmm, contact printing a proof sheet. Now that is confusing

I found a 120 Paterson Proof Printer on EBay for $15.00 US - including shipping. I believe Saunders also had a 120 proof pinter as well; one of metal construction the other of clear plastic.

Keep checkin that auction site - I am sure one will show up

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Goose View Post
    I want all of them on 1 sheet but nicely printed. The reason is that I never get them as nicely alligned as I would. A contact frame would give me the oppertunity to get it nice enough to only do contact instead of making prints of all those negatives.

BTW, I mailed to a paterson distributor and he told me that they still deliver that type of frame, that is if I could get it over my heart to spend about 100$ (or roughly 95euro) for it. Dang, that's expensive for some plastic stuff.

I bought mine for about 40 EURO. Model number PTP620 (120 (10 x 8") Proof Printer). I bought mine in Croatia. Ask at Fotoimpex, www.fotoimpex.de , they have Paterson stuff, but ask if they have this particular model.
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    Multi Format

contact/proofing frme

if what is wanted is a metal frame of about 8 1/2 x 11 with a plate glass hinged at the top-

goto adorma or b&h website

have seen them in both stores

30 yrs ago i had one made by paterson and it was a solid well made example of over engineered overkill-wish i still had it

take a piece of glass or plexi or acrylic and duct tape it on the short dimension to a peice of cardboard or pressboard or plywood and you have the same thing for about $2-$5

if proofing just put the negs still in pages(you do store your negs in clear plastic pages in a looseleaf binder don't you?) in the sandwich and expose

if contacting a neg for a finshed print add some bulldog clips or the plastic ones used to close chip bags around the edges so that htere is enuf presure to maintain good contact

vaya con dios

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I use a sheet of glass to proof print a whole roll of 120 film in transparent HAMA pages on 24x30cm paper. Works perfectly.

for contact prints of a single frame I have black paper insert masks which fit in a 9x12cm contact printing frame: One for 645, one for 6x6, one for 6x7, another 6x9, and a 6.5x9cm sheet insert where the whole film sits in the opening in the mask (with rebates and everything).
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Goose View Post
    I believe that I still have a second 120-roll film proofing frame that I don't need. It holds three strips of four negatives per strip. I'm looking to sell that one if you're interested.

The one I use all the time holds the negatives in their clear plastic protective sheet and the proof paper underneath that. They are manually aligned, but that's not difficult.

Rich

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin