Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,543   Posts: 1,544,415   Online: 1071

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Contact frame for 6x6??

I believe paterson used to make these but I have trouble to locate one to buy. Anybody who knows where to get one on-line??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Goose View Post
    I believe paterson used to make these but I have trouble to locate one to buy. Anybody who knows where to get one on-line??
    What a coincidence, I've been looking for the same thing this week.

If second-hand is OK, there's always eBay (search for contact proof printer or contact printer or...). Or a real-life photo fair (I believe there's one in Antwerp a few times per year, I should have a leaflet about that somewhere.... :rolleyes:

If you want it new... well, Paterson still makes them, see here, but "quantity: 4" sounds like Paterson wants us to get 4 of them in one buy. Hey, I only need one!

At least one website where I found the item is fotomayr.de (Heimlabor -> Zubehoer -> Rahmen); not sure if it's a Paterson, though. Also, when I look at the price, I'm a bit shocked, so I'm considering 2nd hand.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Why not look for a used 4x5" or 5x7" printing frame?
    A little extra space makes it a lot easier to work, and the border o the print is also nice.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the two fellows were looking for the type that holds three strips of negs in a plastic "frame" to keep them in alignment.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    I think the two fellows were looking for the type that holds three strips of negs in a plastic "frame" to keep them in alignment.

That would indicate some confusion between contact printing and proofing.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    That would indicate some confusion between contact printing and proofing.
    Hm, yes, and frankly -please someone correct me if I'm mistaken- I don't believe we have separate terms for those in Dutch or Flemish. Proofing is "contactafdrukken" (contact prints), and so is contact printing (I guess).

So, that's our confusion, right there!

I was interpreting this as proofing, but I'm not sure what Uncle Goose meant...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I assumed that the original question had to do with making a single contact print from a single 6x6 frame. I'm not really sure now.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey Kraker, thanks for the info. Indeed there is a fair every now and then in Antwerp but darkroom materials are getting more scarce over there as digital moves on, also it's all about bodies and lenses over there. A new one is indeed expensive that's why I search for secondhand too.

And indeed, it's for contactprinting that has been nicely alligned on the paper. I always mess it up and I want to print contacts so I don't need to enlarge it completely.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You could just contact print the negatives in the plastic sleeve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I still think there is confusion. I think what's desired is a 6x6 print of a single frame, centered on the paper, suitible for display...not a proof sheet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin