Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,441   Online: 728

Shooter
    Medium Format

Petersen's Guide to Photo Equipment You Can Make

This is a long shot, but I've heard the above book has a guide to building a vacuum easel for contact printing, I'm about to embark on a journey into Platinum printing, and would like to build one of these.
    I was wondering if anyone had a copy they wouldn't mind photocopying or scanning the pages of for me? Just this particular article. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time, hope you can help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM sent.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    PM sent.
    Hi Peter,

I don't seem to have a PM from you? Do I need to be a subscriber in order to have this option? Sorry :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't know what happened. I sent one. If you pm me your address, I can help you out.

Shooter
    Multi Format

YOU BUILD IT VACUUM BACK

1: GET CANISTER VACUUM WITH HOSE AND NOSLE

2: PEGBOARD AND MATERAL TO BUILD SHALLOW BOX WITH PEGBOARD AS TOP-IT WILL NEED TO BE BRACED INSIDE ESP TOP

3: CONNECT CANISTER HOSE TO BOX

4: PLACE MATERIALS ON TOP STARTING WITH SMALLEST FIRST-YOU WILL NEED STRIPS OF WHATEVER TO BLOCK OFF REST OF PEGBOARD-BETTER TO USE LAYER OF ACETATE OR MYLAR SAME SIZE AS TOP OVER THE NEG/POS/PAPER/WHATEVER-TURN ON VACUUM

5: YOU GOT HOMBREW VER OF PROCESS CAMERA BACK AS MANUFACTURED AND USED FOR LAST 75 YEARS OR MORE

FYI: GLASS BOCKS UV SO DON'T USE GLASS FOR ALT PROCESS

A GLASS TOP VACUUM FRAME IS OF NO ADVANTAGE OVER SPRING BACK FRAME OR GLASS LAYING ON TOP BY GRAVITY UNLESS YOU LET VACUUM PULL DOWN FOR AT LEAST 15 MINS-AND THATS WITH NEW HOSE, NEW PUMP, CLEAN FILTERS-EVEN THEN STILL NO IMPROVEMENT UNLESS YOU PIN REGISTER WITH PLATEMAKERS PINS AND YOU HAVE STRIPPED EVERYTHING INTO FLATS-GOLDENROD PAPER OR MYLAR MORE BETTER

30+ YRS AS A PHOTMECHANICAL ARTIST, 4/C STRIPPER, PLATEMAKER, PROCESS CAMERA OPERATOR ETC IS A GOOD PLACE TO START IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT WORKS

OTHERWISE ASK A "FINE ART " PHOTOGRAPHER AND WASTE TIME AND MONEY -YOU OF COURSE WILL LEARN FROM THE RESULTING MISTAKES SO IT MIGHT BE WORTH IT TO YOU

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by z-man View Post
    OTHERWISE ASK A "FINE ART " PHOTOGRAPHER AND WASTE TIME AND MONEY -YOU OF COURSE WILL LEARN FROM THE RESULTING MISTAKES SO IT MIGHT BE WORTH IT TO YOU

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED
    That's what I miss about New Yorkers, your all so direct! LOL

Thanks z-man, great advice, I may well try this out. Thanks again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by freespirit67 View Post
    That's what I miss about New Yorkers, your all so direct! LOL

Thanks z-man, great advice, I may well try this out. Thanks again.
    de nada hermanito(a?)

give me a hollar any time on such issues-before i became dissabled my co-workers would often humble me with by branding me thusly: ' yo lookit this- we got a f****ing ARTIST here-next thing he'll be inviting us to his openings allready'--- so of course i didn't

as a photomechanical artist doing 'work for hire' for 53+ nyc adv agencys on almost every national campaign coming out of nyc in the 80's i had to have a seriously large magic bag so as to keep that $125.00/hr billing going

took a working holiday by moving to boston in the 90's-less presure and work was actually more interesting but the money wasn't so it was homeward bound-and what do i find? no work at all-so it goes

vaya con dios

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin