Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,359   Online: 736

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contact papers

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've tried the Berger paper and the results are encouraging (using Beers developer and Forte 200 negs). It's even quicker to respond to selenium than Fortezo.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ole, if you are exposing for azo, figure about a stop of extra development on the high end for a "normal" negative and grade 2 azo. This should get you close to begin with. If you have grade 3 azo, a normal negative should print well enough to start getting used to it. My prints from 4x5 on sunday showed good separation in zone 2 and up. These were developed for grade 2 enlarging paper with PMK pyro. If you have any numbers already for ABC pyro and N+1this would be an ideal starting point for you.

For light in 4x5 format, try a 25 watt bulb at 50 cm on grade 3 paper for 30-60 seconds and see where you end up. I'm still using 8x10 paper cut into quarters for 4x5 film until I have a better grasp of things. I have read where azo doesn't dry down much. This has not been my experience. Figure 1/2 zone anyway for dry-down. Do a series of prints at 15 second intervals and let them dry.

I will be very curious to see how you like this paper for work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin