Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,358   Online: 1190

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (David Hall @ Mar 5 2003, 01:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> About straining out stray Amidol...when I saw Michael Smith mix up some Amidol at a recent workshop, there were lots of little floaties (as opposed to floaters) and said that&#39;s normal and he doesn&#39;t worry about them or strain them </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Michael&#39;s amidol is unique to him...it&#39;s Gennert&#39;s amidol which was bottled almost 100 years ago. It&#39;s no more available to us than is Super XX. I&#39;ve never had a single flake of recently manufactured amidol not go into solution. I would imagine that our modern day stuff is far more pure than Michael&#39;s.
    Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    The last amidol that I purchased from Formulary is difficult to dissolve. In fact sometimes not all of it does dissolve. It is quite dark in color and has been sealed from the time that I received it from them. Seems to work O.K. though.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    David,
    Was the Amidol that you purchased locally any less expensive then Formulary? I believe that I paid &#036;210.00 per lb.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Donald,

&#036;155 a pound is what I (would have) paid. Although I bought 100 grams.

dgh

Donald,

About the Amidol not dissolving, I noticed that Michael Smith had that happen at his recent workshop, although the stuff worked just fine. He noted that it never really dissolves for him but it doesn&#39;t affect anything.

Mine dissolves just fine. I have no idea what the difference is, although as I mentioned at the very top of this thread my stuff has a VERY different consistency than Michael&#39;s or Formulary&#39;s. I bought some from Formulary just to see if it would be different, and it looks completely different and dissolves differently, but the prints are exactly the same.

dgh

Shooter
    Large Format
    David,

That is interesting. If you would please, email me offpost the name of your supplier of the non-formulary amidol. BTW did you get my emails about the 8X20 camera?

Regards,
    Donald Miller

I will, and I did not. What were the emails about?

dgh&#39;

David G Hall

Shooter
    Large Format
    David,
    As I recall, you had indicated an interest in the 8X20 format. There is a camera for sale and I emailed you to make you aware of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin