Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,703   Posts: 1,482,670   Online: 702

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Centennial Printing Out Paper

I want to try the Centennial Printing Out Paper. However, most of the prints I've seen have an orange/brown color, but I've seen a few that were neutral and even slightly blue/black. Does any know how to make the paper shift to neutral and blue/black? I've read that can be achieved with extended toning in gold. Thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Use borax (20 Mule Team from the grocery store works great) instead of the ammonium thiocyanate that you get in the CAW toning kit. There are instructions in the kit for different gold chloride toner variations.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Boehm View Post
    I want to try the Centennial Printing Out Paper. However, most of the prints I've seen have an orange/brown color, but I've seen a few that were neutral and even slightly blue/black. Does any know how to make the paper shift to neutral and blue/black? I've read that can be achieved with extended toning in gold. Thanks.
    Platinum toning is good and gives yellowish-to-neutral images -- but it's hellish expensive.
    Free Photography Information on My Website
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You could also try Selenium toning- I've used it on pt/pd and gotten a very deep cold black, but it absolutely kills the selenium toner- one batch is only good for a few prints.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Boehm View Post
    This link should help you out:
    http://www.albumenworks.com/popcolorsequence.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Try Clerc's thiourea-gold toner described on Wynn White's page on Van Dyke Brownprints . It lasts longer than the borax toner and gives a purplish tone quicker.

Joe

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Tetenal Gold toner works just great, and lasts a long time.

I've never managed to get anything usable from Selenium toner.

Platinum or Palladium toners should be great too, but are too costly to experiment (much) with.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    With the B&S gold toner kit, I get a pretty "cold" print after around ten minutes in the toner. The paper itself does seem to warm up as it ages. I don't refrigerate it but that might not be a bad idea if keeping it for a while.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Protect your negative with Mylar. I ruined one neg. It's painful...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Another vote for Clerc's!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin