Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,522   Online: 1044

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    just you wait until you see a print from an 11x14 neg or even worse, a 14x17.... you'll find yourself taking out an equity loan on your car

Shooter
    Large Format
    I too have a B&S 8x10 frame. It is wonderful to work with.
    John Bowen

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have a Zone VI contact frame that is 8x10 and it is a pain. I think I will use my 11x14 frame like Scott said.

mike andersen
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    just you wait until you see a print from an 11x14 neg or even worse, a 14x17.... you'll find yourself taking out an equity loan on your car
    Before I stumbled upon APUG, I was shooting a Canon EOS Rebel & a Nikon FM-10. Then it was the F3, then the Bronica SQ-A, then the Zone VI 4x5, and finally the Wehman. I think I should stop coming here, or soon I will be taking mass transit to work!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Sen View Post
    Before I stumbled upon APUG, I was shooting a Canon EOS Rebel & a Nikon FM-10. Then it was the F3, then the Bronica SQ-A, then the Zone VI 4x5, and finally the Wehman. I think I should stop coming here, or soon I will be taking mass transit to work!
    Me too! I started with a Canon F-1 and now I just finished building an 8x20. I'm working on the 11x14 now and that will be it!!! Well, i did see Hugo's 20x24 Chamonix and Sandy's 20x24 that Richard Ritter built. Hum............. No, I have to stop coming here also! Forgot to add a vacuum frame is nice. Mine will cover all the way to 17"x23". Guess 16x20 is as big as I can go.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Fitzgerald; 12-09-2007 at 09:05 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Forgot to add some info

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    yea we keep growing but hasn't it been a good trip. I started with a nikon and now i have 1-4x5,1-5x7,2-8x10,1-8x20,1 hassey with 5 lens, in debt to my ears, amd memories=priceless

mike
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Les

Shooter
    Medium Format

centering/aligning contact negs

Does anyone have any good methods for contact printing e.g. a 5x7 negative on an 8x10 or 11x14 piece of printing paper? I would like to center the image left to right and either center top to bottom or leave an extra bit more room at the bottom for title or signature without doing a bunch of trimming after processing.
    Thanks,
    Les

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just eyeball the placement with the negative, mark the corners with pencil, then coat to the corner markings. When the paper is dry enough to print, I use the pencil marks to line up the negative again, sandwich in the frame, and expose away.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    Does anyone have any good methods for contact printing e.g. a 5x7 negative on an 8x10 or 11x14 piece of printing paper? I would like to center the image left to right and either center top to bottom or leave an extra bit more room at the bottom for title or signature without doing a bunch of trimming after processing.
    Thanks,
    Les
    Cut an opaque mask with the outside dimensions the same saize as the paper and the size of the opening centered in the mask. Place the negative in the opening and print.

That's one way to do it.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Sen View Post
    Thanks, guys, for the prompt and helpful answers.

Best wishes,
    Sanjay
    All of the B&S frames have an extra inch in each dimension.
    Don Bryant

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin