Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,522   Online: 1044
      
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    TheFlyingCamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Washington DC
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    8,045
    Blog Entries
    51
    Images
    424
    just you wait until you see a print from an 11x14 neg or even worse, a 14x17.... you'll find yourself taking out an equity loan on your car

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    876
    I too have a B&S 8x10 frame. It is wonderful to work with.
    John Bowen

  3. #13
    michael9793's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Fort Myers, Florida, USA
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    2,000
    Images
    111
    I have a Zone VI contact frame that is 8x10 and it is a pain. I think I will use my 11x14 frame like Scott said.

    mike andersen
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

  4. #14
    Sanjay Sen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,251
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    just you wait until you see a print from an 11x14 neg or even worse, a 14x17.... you'll find yourself taking out an equity loan on your car
    Before I stumbled upon APUG, I was shooting a Canon EOS Rebel & a Nikon FM-10. Then it was the F3, then the Bronica SQ-A, then the Zone VI 4x5, and finally the Wehman. I think I should stop coming here, or soon I will be taking mass transit to work!

  5. #15
    Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ventura, Ca
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    1,778
    Images
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Sen View Post
    Before I stumbled upon APUG, I was shooting a Canon EOS Rebel & a Nikon FM-10. Then it was the F3, then the Bronica SQ-A, then the Zone VI 4x5, and finally the Wehman. I think I should stop coming here, or soon I will be taking mass transit to work!
    Me too! I started with a Canon F-1 and now I just finished building an 8x20. I'm working on the 11x14 now and that will be it!!! Well, i did see Hugo's 20x24 Chamonix and Sandy's 20x24 that Richard Ritter built. Hum............. No, I have to stop coming here also! Forgot to add a vacuum frame is nice. Mine will cover all the way to 17"x23". Guess 16x20 is as big as I can go.

    Jim
    Last edited by Jim Fitzgerald; 12-09-2007 at 09:05 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Forgot to add some info

  6. #16
    michael9793's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Fort Myers, Florida, USA
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    2,000
    Images
    111
    yea we keep growing but hasn't it been a good trip. I started with a nikon and now i have 1-4x5,1-5x7,2-8x10,1-8x20,1 hassey with 5 lens, in debt to my ears, amd memories=priceless

    mike
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

  7. #17
    Les
    Les is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Bear, DE
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    45

    centering/aligning contact negs

    Does anyone have any good methods for contact printing e.g. a 5x7 negative on an 8x10 or 11x14 piece of printing paper? I would like to center the image left to right and either center top to bottom or leave an extra bit more room at the bottom for title or signature without doing a bunch of trimming after processing.
    Thanks,
    Les

  8. #18
    TheFlyingCamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Washington DC
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    8,045
    Blog Entries
    51
    Images
    424
    I just eyeball the placement with the negative, mark the corners with pencil, then coat to the corner markings. When the paper is dry enough to print, I use the pencil marks to line up the negative again, sandwich in the frame, and expose away.

  9. #19
    donbga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    Does anyone have any good methods for contact printing e.g. a 5x7 negative on an 8x10 or 11x14 piece of printing paper? I would like to center the image left to right and either center top to bottom or leave an extra bit more room at the bottom for title or signature without doing a bunch of trimming after processing.
    Thanks,
    Les
    Cut an opaque mask with the outside dimensions the same saize as the paper and the size of the opening centered in the mask. Place the negative in the opening and print.

    That's one way to do it.
    Don Bryant

  10. #20
    donbga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Sen View Post
    Thanks, guys, for the prompt and helpful answers.


    Best wishes,
    Sanjay
    All of the B&S frames have an extra inch in each dimension.
    Don Bryant

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin