Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,763   Posts: 1,516,207   Online: 1027

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Heather and Ian, you're losing me. Maybe I'm not understanding. Why not just try a few different developers of varying contrast or vary dilution?

when I dupe to ortho film I just do strip tests and try different developers and dilutions. So I played with everything from PQ to full strength ID11 (1+0) to ID11 2+1 etc. Contrast control seems quite easy that way.

Maybe I am missing the point. Heather, can you clarify what it is that you need to rescue, do you have an example?
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Prints in the gallery of mine at the moment are from negs a little on the thin side and grade5 paper won't give me the pure white highlights that I want.
    I just tried enlarging the neg onto lith film, doing my usual developing in multigrade 1+9 for 30-40 seconds and, nah, highlights are worse. Bad idea, doesn't work.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Heather, so you are saying that your dupe lacks density, right? Am I understanding the issue?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The original negative is lacking in density. I was hoping to up it a bit with more contrast etc by enlarging it but it didn't work. No big deal, just a crap negative.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ah in that case you probably will have an easier time by first intensifying or at least Se-toning your starting neg. That'll buy you a stop or two. Beyond that there is scanning. Now I understand what you and Ian were talking about by printing first.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Ah in that case you probably will have an easier time by first intensifying or at least Se-toning your starting neg. That'll buy you a stop or two. Beyond that there is scanning. Now I understand what you and Ian were talking about by printing first.
    In my experience selenium toning typically adds about a half stop or so of denstiy to the highlights, not 1 to 2 stops.

Don Bryant
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    dr5 does to 16x20 from up to 5x7 originals, interpositives or internegs.

regards
    dw

Quote Originally Posted by maxbloom View Post
    DR5 only does up to 8x10 IIRC.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin