Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,607   Online: 819

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Lith Contact Printing?

I have spent afternoon gathering all I can about Lith printing and have Tim Rudman's book coming.

What I am wondering is if anyone is doing lith contact printing ?

I have been printing on AZO and have been thinking of trying something different , but beeing calibrated for contact SLOW paper , I am wondering if this is even an option...

ILYA

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I should add

It seem like all the papers people use are enlarging papers for this.
    If go down to a low wattage bulb for exposure , could i control my dodging/burning?Can I see what I am doing when contact printing off an 8x10 neg?

Thanks

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hi, I've done just a few test lith prints, but I contact print 8x10. I've been able to do dodging and burning with no problems, just using my hands. Fotospeed's lith paper has been what I've used for the few lith prints I've done, and it seems to be fairly easy to do (but probably difficult to do well ). Tim's book, which is a great resource, lists various papers that work well with the lith process. I've really enjoyed my testing, and have made up my mind to do a lot more lith work.

Good luck,

Paul

Shooter
    35mm

lith contact printing...

I've done lith contact printing, but on enlarging paper. The slowest I've used is the Foma Chamois. The lith printing requires a lot of overexposure of the paper, and using slow paper makes for painstakingly long exposures, and also brings in reciprocity factor. I imagine that AZO will take a very, very long exposure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also have done some contact printed lith prints. The half-dozen or so that I have done have all been 4x10 negs on the old J&C PolyWarmtone. I have never used Azo but, judging from what I have read about its speed, I have to go with Bill that you may wind up with some very long print times.

Dan
    Daniel Williams
    Enumclaw WA USA

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    thank you fellows for your input i appreciate you taking time ,i am going to give it a go not only with AZO , but with all the other papers

ILYA

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Is Thomas safe light too bright working with lith ?

ILYA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ilya1963 View Post
    Is Thomas safe light too bright working with lith ?

ILYA
    I found it may be with papers such as Varycon
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I got the Torch coming and I have dug out an old saftylight with a fifteen watt bulb and waiting for the paper( I bought all they have listed for lith) and the book from the Freestyle , I still can't quiet picture working in this much darkness and contact printing...

I guess may be the answer for this is realy thin negatieves

ILYA

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ilya, just wondering if you've had a chance to do some printing. I've done about another 25 prints or so, and I've fallen in love with lith. For some reason it tends to suit either my shooting style or my preferred print look. Good luck, let us know how things are coming along...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin