Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,525   Online: 1027

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Have you deleted the other thread ?

I can't seem to find it

ILYA

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I found it , but my replies have despaired

ILYA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ILYA I think you mean you despair because your replies have disappeared D:

As Ron indicates making the emulsion is not a problem at all. It's more about getting it coated.

Sometimes we think too hi-tech, when you look at the quality of the early silver gelatin papers you also have to remember the coating machinery was not very sophisticated. If you've seen Browning's photo's of the EFKE plant you'll understand what I mean.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ilya1963 View Post
    I found it , but my replies have despaired

ILYA
    If your replies were relevant to this question, I've moved them to this thread. If they were related to Lodima, I've left them in the other thread.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Yes, that's it

Thanks, Ian

What I need is a slow chloride byrita paper and lots of it to continue my search for a holy grail

Three years has past since the anouncment of the paper beeing gone and we still have nothing close to it

I don't mind waiting for a quality paper but I don't want to die before I get it ,that is my despair .

now I am desappearing

ILYA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For a number of reasons slow chloride emulsions & papers are relatively easier to make.

Some people go backwards to re-invent the Wheel, perhaps the project Htims A Leahcim is involved with is one of those.

There are a number of ways to skin a cat, and that's also true with emulsion manufacture. It's just over 30 years since I researched emulsion manufacture, and began making a fast projection speed emulsion commercially, but I've not forgotten my learning curve.

A good chloride paper is very achievable.

Ian

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I can go thru a box of 100 sheets in a 10-11 hour printing session , 20-30 negatives , it's just not feasible for me to start coating , I need to print not make paper , once in a while I could print a special negative on something different , but in general work flow Azo was a king...

Flashing with Azo is unbelievable

What I am saying is I am a supporter of anybody that is able to give me what I need , it's a selfish thing of course,

if someone could produce platinum/palladium paper that I could use out of a box , I'd be all over it...

ILYA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At the moment and well in the foresee-able future I'm not interested in re-starting making silver based emulsions.

However I will assist, and help anyone else in any way. As long as they don't write backwards

Ian

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ilya1963 View Post
    I can go thru a box of 100 sheets in a 10-11 hour printing session , 20-30 negatives , it's just not feasible for me to start coating , I need to print not make paper , once in a while I could print a special negative on something different , but in general work flow Azo was a king...

Flashing with Azo is unbelievable

What I am saying is I am a supporter of anybody that is able to give me what I need , it's a selfish thing of course,

if someone could produce platinum/palladium paper that I could use out of a box , I'd be all over it...

ILYA

I agree that the work flow with Azo is King! If I could get 8x10, 11x14 and 8x20 Azo type paper I would be loving life. The ease of printing and quality of the prints I've doe so far on my small stock of Azo has made me very happy.

Jim

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I use Azo paper only, I have a bit of paper in both grade 2/3 in 8x10, but I haven't for my 8x20 prints, so if I could get 8x10 and 8x20 paper I would be loving. I would pay $2-4 for sheet.
    I had put my order for M.P. paper, in both the format I use(and I hope to use earlier), but if I have another choise I 'll use both of them.

Stefano
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin