Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,681   Posts: 1,482,194   Online: 1075

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    quote="

One word of caution if you bleach first, the highlights will go faster than the shadow areas.[/quote]

Aggie,

Try bleaching twice. For the first use a very dilute bleach, 1 to 30 or 40, and leave the print in for perhaps 20 seconds, you will need to experiment. Wash and tone in sepia toner, this will render the highlights permanent and allow a second longer bleach in stronger solution. The end result is that you will have very slightly sepia highlights but the remainder of the image will change as you describe.

You might also try bleaching the image and instead of redevloping it in selenium place it in the sun to develop as a sun print. I've done this with regular papers with great success but never with a paper such as Azo. Another variation is bleach and redevlop in very very dilute lith developer. You do have to watch the redevelopment for once it starts to develop the image goes through a number of subtle changes before developing fully.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog
    I'm vv intrigued by this beast called Azo -I managed to get my hands on a few ancient sheets a few years ago and I've heard loads of people rave about it since-can't wait to get my paws on some more, especially as I'm going to get into 8x10.

BD
    Please buy your Azo from Michael A. Smith. It's important to Azo's future.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [quote="Black Dog"]can't wait to get my paws on some more

If you do, I would be interested in how you source it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dnmilikan
    For those who are wanting the finest prints available from a contact printing paper, there is no comparison to Azo developed in Amidol.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Lets not let this turn into one of 'those' threads. It sound's like Aggie has found a really interesting toning technique, hasn't she?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    [quote="Jorge"]
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by avandesande
    Lets not let this turn into one of 'those' threads. It sound's like Aggie has found a really interesting toning technique, hasn't she?

I agree!

lets keep this thread focused on the what Aggie has found. I like the look of her prints and want to hear more about them.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin