Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,752   Posts: 1,515,886   Online: 1006

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Aggie, this toning is very beutiful. You just gotsta share how you did. I'm dyin'!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Extra bromide?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm vv intrigued by this beast called Azo -I managed to get my hands on a few ancient sheets a few years ago and I've heard loads of people rave about it since-can't wait to get my paws on some more, especially as I'm going to get into 8x10.

BD

Shooter
    Large Format
    I agree that Aggies discovery is beautiful, having just received the print of Slot Canyon #3 in a print exchange, the actual print goes far beyond the viewing of an internet image.

I had an interesting toning experience a couple of days ago with some old emulsion Azo (probably over 20 years old) The grade three paper of that era has the most incredible split toning capability in selenium at a 1-20 dilution. The print tonal values zones IV and below go to an almost metalic reddish tone that is most apparent at an oblique angle whereas the rest of print does not tone markedly at all.

I contacted Michael Smith about this and he indicated that this was a property of Azo at one time and that some people were quite taken with this attribute. He went on to say that the new emulsion grade two may possess the same tendencies. I assume that this is possibly why Michael and Paula tone at a 1-128 dilution on Azo (for archival considerations primarily). I have not tried the new grade two emulsion to determine if this is also present in that paper.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Don,

At 1:20 the new grade 2 Azo shows no change in tone after 5 minutes of toning. The old & new grade 3 tones very readily. I got somewhat of a split toned effect after 2 minutes. After 5 minutes the picture was quite brown. But more of a chocolate brown. I have some 40 year old Azo, and I'll try it next time I print.
    Paul Hamann

Shooter
    Large Format
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Shooter
    Large Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin