Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,247   Online: 787

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 8x10 negs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi

I have some 8x10 negs that I would like to make prints of. The size of the negs is satisfying and I plan to contact print.
    Can anyone tell me how to print these negs the best way?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You might want to read the articles Michael A. Smith has written at www.michaelandpaula.com

He contact prints on Azo, but a lot of what he says would apply to any kind of contact printing.
    juan

Shooter
    Large Format

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dnmilikan
    Good luck to you.

And 'congratulations' to you on reaching your 1000 posts, demonstrating your commitment to the forum , if I may be so bold as to offer them.
    Roy.

Shooter
    Large Format

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [quote="dnmilikan"]
    I would say in response that I think that volume of rethoric is not a valid parameter to judge a photographer on. I tend to remember what the late Fred Picker (founder of Zone VI Studios) once said, "the most important thing was the ability to hang them on the wall".
    With your kind permission, I think that I will continue to make that my primary focus. Good luck to you.

There was never a suggestion that this was a way of judging your photography. My reading of your postings indicates a constructive approach and apparent willingness to share knowledge. I agree that results are indicative of success particularly in photography. If you feel that my comments were out of place, I am sorry but in view of what I have said, to have reached that milestone there has been a large commitment to the objectives of the forum. I cannot see anybody disagreeing with that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

If you want to make silver prints, you can't do better than printing on Azo. You can also make platinum prints, of course, or use any one of a number of alternative processes.

I have probably been making only silver contact prints longer than anyone--over 36 years without making an enlargement--and I'll be happy to answer your specific questions if you want to go that route.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

If you are already making enlargements on to 8X10 B&W paper,
    the easiest thing to do to get started and see what happens would be to get an 8X10 printing frame. You can use your enlarger as the timed controllable light source and your favorite B&W paper. Anything beyond this approach is alot more trouble.....

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin