Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,048   Online: 880

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Contact Printing/VC paper?

Does anybody make contact prints using VC paper and a color head?

Thank you,

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, me, I do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also use VC papers occasionally for contact printing - Forte Polywarmtone using an Ilford MG head. However this paper seems prone to Newton's rings interference pattern noticeable in even tone areas like the sky. I've not yet tried other VC papers yet to see if these patterns appear.

Using graded papers (Galerie) and the same set up these patterns do not manifest themselves.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Crone View Post
    I also use VC papers occasionally for contact printing - Forte Polywarmtone using an Ilford MG head. However this paper seems prone to Newton's rings interference pattern noticeable in even tone areas like the sky. I've not yet tried other VC papers yet to see if these patterns appear.

Using graded papers (Galerie) and the same set up these patterns do not manifest themselves.
    I had that problem with Polywarmtone as well, until I switched to the bad etched "anti glare" glass in my contact frame.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    i found with my 8x20's I use Qriental Seagul and a Zone VI enlarger. I have also used my Azo enlarging light on my Bessller 45 (SP) with graded paper of the same make. I think it takes a little longer to learn over enlarging. I use a B&S contact frame just like I use for my AZO and PD/PL printing.
    I thought Forte is out of buisness?
    mike a
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michael9793 View Post
    I thought Forte is out of buisness?
    mike a
    They are Mike, this is just paper I've stocked up on.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Interesting, I was just planning on doing this for the first time with Foma papers.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Crone View Post
    They are Mike, this is just paper I've stocked up on.
    Me too.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin