Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,121   Online: 1140

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Age of Azo?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got 3 100 foot rolls of 36 inch wide Ad Type (another kodak contact paper, lightweight) with dates in the early 70's. I found them in a (dry!) bathtub at St. Vincent de Paul (charity thrift shop) and last time I used any was in the 80's. They've been in storage pretty much since then, and I can't access them easily. I suspect that the storage conditions are not too bad. I sure hope so.

It was a great paper; toned beautifully. The bad part is that the lightweight paper has a way of drying with nasty wrinkles. The only way I could deal with that was to mount them wet using archival paste. I found a print in my files that shows the sepia tone and the wrinkles. The lens used was a 125mm Goerz Dagor on 8x10 tri-x ortho film. The vignette was intentional, I suppose that is obvious.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 479-4-2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Truly a fantastic image, and it certainly looks like a good paper – wrinkles and all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhner View Post
    Truly a fantastic image, and it certainly looks like a good paper – wrinkles and all.
    Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin