Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,283   Online: 772

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Heads up! NuArc 26 1k's in Salt Lake!

I just ran across this ad local here. I spoke to the gentleman and he indicated that he still had them. He is willing to ship if the buyer arranges shipping.
    It would be a freight item.

If you are local to SLC, just go get one

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...604&cat=&lpid=

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Actually its really easy to separate the light from the vacuum frame. Its just a matter of loosening 4 screws ( don't take them all the way out). The holes are slotted. If you package it in two pieces, they are around 75 lb. a piece. I think you can ship USPS or UPS. I use one of these units and they are sweet. You'll choose this over the pizza ovens everytime. Unless of course you're printing larger than 20x24. The light integrator allows you to really dial in the exposure times and having the light above the vacuum frame allows you to dodge and burn easily.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    what is that?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    A plate burner or UV light exposure unit. We use them for alternative processes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like a great deal. Hope someone gives them a good home. Robert's right. Once you use one, you'll love it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I don't advise shipping the NuArc 26-1k that way. Several years ago I bought one and had it shipped that way. It arrived in pieces, with all of the glass parts broken and I had to spend a couple of weeks buying parts to put it back to together.

If possible, I recommend local pick-up, or have it put on a crate and freighted.

Sandy King

Quote Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
    Actually its really easy to separate the light from the vacuum frame. Its just a matter of loosening 4 screws ( don't take them all the way out). The holes are slotted. If you package it in two pieces, they are around 75 lb. a piece. I think you can ship USPS or UPS. I use one of these units and they are sweet. You'll choose this over the pizza ovens everytime. Unless of course you're printing larger than 20x24. The light integrator allows you to really dial in the exposure times and having the light above the vacuum frame allows you to dodge and burn easily.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Heads up! NuArc 26 1k's in Salt Lake!
    Jason, I don't think it will be usable after being in the lake, especially the heavy salt concentration in the Great Salt Lake. A heads up is nice of you though as it might become a hazard for boating.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got one a few years ago here in SLC also. I didn't know there were that many around! I might just go buy another and store it. I remember I was chastized for not buying the two I saw when I was looking...
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    Medium Format
    FWIW, if anybody is interested in one of these it looks like a great price. I handled one of these in September - I had to take it out of the shop it was in to get the Speedgraphic and process camera I wanted. I gave it to my daughter-in-law to Ebay and IIRC it brought a little over $500 and shipped to Florida via UPS in two boxes as mentioned above. Arrived at the buyer in one piece but my son the engineer packed it up which probably had something to do with its survival on the trip.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With these units, what do you use to shield the UV light from the rest of the room?

Also, how loud are these when they're running, considering vacuum frame and all?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin