Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,491   Online: 1066

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo View Post
    .. audiophiles who think they can hear the grass grow. .
    I can hear grass grow when I develop my film - at least it seems like that..............(he says, trying to re-introduce a sense of levity!!!)

Bob H
    Last edited by BobNewYork; 04-22-2009 at 09:27 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Finger Fumblin'
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BobNewYork View Post
    I can hear grass grow when I develop my film - at least it seems like that..............
    Have you noticed the palpably deeper resonance of the sound of film developing in pyro than film developing in D76? The film actually achieves a timbre that is reminiscent of Paul Robeson! True! Actual fact! Yup!

For me, it drowns out the roar of the growing grass every time.

(BTW, if I could achieve even half the level of irony in a photograph as I have in the above, I'd be fighting off the gallerists in NYC who'd be clamoring to give me wall space by the roomful. Alas.....)
    Last edited by jovo; 04-22-2009 at 09:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skillian View Post
    Amen, brother. Too much endless rambling on this board about chemicals and densitometers, not enough about important stuff like seeing. Let's all quit arguing and make some kick-ass new work.
    I never mentioned anything about special developers or the use of densitometers. I simply asked if it was preferable to develop films a bit longer than normal to produce a slightly higher contrast negative. What`s wrong with asking that?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Have you noticed the palpably deeper resonance of the sound of film developing in pyro than film developing in D76? The film actually achieves a timbre that is reminiscent of Paul Robeson! True! Actual fact! Yup!

For me, it drowns out the roar of the growing grass every time.
    I have to take issue with the Robeson analogy...........

Bob H

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only silliness I've ever encountered that's worse than the anal writhing of photographers is the silliness of audiophiles who think they can hear the grass grow. I've seen a host of wonderful images made with a Holga (and I'm no fan of that idiom in itself), and an equal number of cliched, moribund, and stiflingly boring images made with the most arcane of LF and ULF equipment with processing in leprechaun spit and printing on angel feathers.
    My only mantra to myself is to continue to learn to see.
    What you really need is Leprechaun urine and that advice should be taken with a pinch of sodium chloride.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
    What you really need is Leprechaun urine and that advice should be taken with a pinch of sodium chloride.
    But don't pinch the leprechaun when he's urinating. No gold for you!!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Make sure it is analytical grade sodium chloride! Any iodized salt will retard development!

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Make sure it is analytical grade sodium chloride! Any iodized salt will retard development!

PE
    You had to PE !! You just had to....

Bob H

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Note that I said nothing about the purity of the sound of grass growing. In fact, you need a developer that produces a whole symphony to the ear. All I hear with most developers is the sloshing as I agitate.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Note that I said nothing about the purity of the sound of grass growing. In fact, you need a developer that produces a whole symphony to the ear. All I hear with most developers is the sloshing as I agitate.

PE
    That's not "sloshing" - it's called tempo.

Bob H

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin