Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,847   Online: 952

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Enlarging on Azo

Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    Any problems I may have with it notwithstanding, I should state that I think Lodima is the best photographic paper in existence, including Azo. I intend to buy a good bit of it. It has denser blacks than Azo, and the color is spectacular. I would never forgive myself if I thought that my criticism, which I only put forward in hopes of improving an already fine product, had dissuaded anyone from buying it.

Since the death of Bergger VCNB, I know of no enlarging paper which I consider good enough to use. (Yes, I know that Bergger is marketing a paper, but it's not the same.) This is the reason I'm not making any enlargements at present. When I find a good enough paper, I'll begin whittling down the ever burgeoning backlog I have of 6x6 cm negatives that need printing.
    Now my interest is peaked!! Can you tell us how you enlarge on Azo paper? At the workshop Michael A. Smith did make a very quick allusion to the fact there IS a light source that some have used to enlarge successfully on Azo paper. Obviously, Azo paper is slow, and the light source would have to be very powerful.

Ed

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
    Now my interest is peaked!! Can you tell us how you enlarge on Azo paper? At the workshop Michael A. Smith did make a very quick allusion to the fact there IS a light source that some have used to enlarge successfully on Azo paper. Obviously, Azo paper is slow, and the light source would have to be very powerful.

Ed
    I don't enlarge on contact paper, which is why I don't enlarge at present. The whole point to the post is that if I cannot get good enough enlarging paper, I just won't enlarge. I will contact print my 6x6 negatives, which can be presented very effectively on a 13x15 or 14x17 mount. And boy, do you get good bang for the buck with 12 images per 8x10 sheet.

There is an enlarging light source for Azo, but it costs about $3K. I don't know if there are any of them left. M&P have one. BTW, I believe Paula's small format contact prints are 6x7, not 6x6.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've contact printed some 6x9 negatives on Lodima and was very happy with the results.

Shooter
    Large Format
    You have to search for this on the Azo forum, but if you place an order for $5,000 of Lodima, you can pick out one of Paula's prints from the Azo portfolio. Should you order $10,000 you can pick one of Paula's prints AND one of Michael's Azo portfolio prints. I placed a large order yesterday and hope more will follow suit. Let's make this happen!
    John Bowen

Quote Originally Posted by jgjbowen View Post
    You have to search for this on the Azo forum, but if you place an order for $5,000 of Lodima, you can pick out one of Paula's prints from the Azo portfolio. Should you order $10,000 you can pick one of Paula's prints AND one of Michael's Azo portfolio prints. I placed a large order yesterday and hope more will follow suit. Let's make this happen!
    I am sending Michael a fairly large check tomorrow. I am having a fabulous time with Lodima and hope and pray that others will step up to the plate and make their order. I am making my sizable order in spite of the fact that I have a considerable stockpile of old Azo paper to work through. My point is that an opportunity to support such a unique product in a diminishing marketplace only comes along once in a very long time. Need I remind everyone that Centennial Printing Out Paper recently went into the gone forever category like so many other conventional papers and films. We cannot let this happen with Lodima.

Please do what you can. The paper is absolutely but you already know that...

Cheers!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm like you Michael. I have a very large stockile of Azo, but it is mostly the Canadian Grade 2 Azo in 8x10. I have a couple boxes of the Old Rochester Grade 2 (god, I hope the grade 2 Lodima is close to this paper) and a couple boxes of Grade 3 Canadian Azo. My problem is that since 2005, I have added 7x17 to my formats. While I have been able to acquire a few boxes of 20x24 grade 3 and two boxes of the old Rochester grade 2 in 20x24, I am far short of a lifetime supply of paper large enough to print 7x17 negatives. If we as a community don't support this effort then we have no one to blame but ourselves. So I took an inventory of what I had on hand and placed an order for what I believe will be more than a lifetime supply of Lodima in 8x20 and a couple boxes in 8x10. There are many factors that could make this a once in a lifetime opportunity and since Lodima is expected to keep for many, many years (as opposed to the much shorter shelf life of most other papers) I decided that I should take advantage of this offer while it lasted.

Many thanks to all who support this effort.
    John Bowen

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have two box of Azo in 8x10 grade 2 and 3 Canadian, and as jgjbowen I added a 8x20 camera, so the problem with me is to take pictures and don't print my 8x20,because I didn't find box of 20x24 Azo paper. Now I'm very happy to Lodima, and I've just put my order in 8x10 and 8x20 big enough,even if I'm seriously thinking to increase my order.

Stefano
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Quote Originally Posted by photo8x10 View Post
    I have two box of Azo in 8x10 grade 2 and 3 Canadian, and as jgjbowen I added a 8x20 camera, so the problem with me is to take pictures and don't print my 8x20,because I didn't find box of 20x24 Azo paper. Now I'm very happy to Lodima, and I've just put my order in 8x10 and 8x20 big enough,even if I'm seriously thinking to increase my order.

Stefano
    Bravo Stefano!

I am also a fellow 8x20 shooter. In addition to making your purchase we also need to encourage our fellow LF shooters see the possibilities with Lodima. Spending even a few minutes with a fellow photographer can have a very positive effect if they pass it along. The continuation of Lodima is not a given unless M&P get sufficient interest in the form of orders.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Michael,
    I've just done a good campain of encouragement on LF shooters in Italy, and I convinced some to put their order, I hope to give more the first of May when I'm going to have a little workshop(after lots of year I come back to teach) about contact print on silver-chloride paper, using Azo and Lodima, luckely I have a box of the run test, I hope that this little thing help to improve the knwolegde of this paper, especially here in Italy where this kind of paper is not well know.

Stefano
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin