Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,174   Online: 701

Images
    Here is what I understand about pyro and why I want to use it.

It makes the negative dual purpose, both silver and UV exposed alt processes where a denser neg is a good thing.

No one seems to write glowing reports about WD2D+. Is there a reason? Someone wrote in one post that it caused a flat neg is this true?

I'm just weighing the options before I buy.

By the way Adorama was going to charge me almost nine bucks to ship 1 5x7 box of BPF 200 for the same method as BH(who I bought form) Whats up with that?(not a concern. It just bugged me)
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Images
    I probably should have wrote that Adorama's price was almost $4 more than BH
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    B+H charges $29.95 for a 25 box of 5x7 BPF 200. J&C Photo charge $22.99 for the same film packaged as ClassicPan 200. They're quite reasonable with their shipping charges too.
    "If I'm a rebel sanctioned by society, encouraged by my parents, and cheered on by Hallmark, what is left to rebel against?"
    Hal Niedzviecki

This discussion has quickly strayed from W2D2, about which, I know nothing.

J&C Classic 200 is NOT the same film as the Bergger. At least not according to both Bergger and J&C. Made in the same plant, I believe, but with different formulas.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Here is what I understand about pyro and why I want to use it.

It makes the negative dual purpose, both silver and UV exposed alt processes where a denser neg is a good thing.

No one seems to write glowing reports about WD2D+. Is there a reason? Someone wrote in one post that it caused a flat neg is this true?

I'm just weighing the options before I buy.

By the way Adorama was going to charge me almost nine bucks to ship 1 5x7 box of BPF 200 for the same method as BH(who I bought form) Whats up with that?(not a concern. It just bugged me)
    WD2D+ is supposedly a staining developer that has recently been reformulated. It has been written about in a magazine article 2-3 months ago. I have not used it and so I have no opinion on it. I imagine one of the things that stops people such as myself from using it is that it is proprietary and the formula is not public knowledge. I prefer to use a developer that I can mix from ingredients that I purchase.

If someone wrote that WD2D+ caused a "flat neg", I would take take as only one person's opinion. There are a number of things apart from a developer that will cause a "flat neg"...always remember that your mileage may vary.

It wasn't that long ago that B&H absolutely jammed me on shipping charges (about 5 times what Calumet charged in that case) I guess they got their act together on shipping. Good luck.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Someone a few months ago at photo.net offered his experience in comparing WD2D+ with PMK, including some images. Although I have a suspicion that his PMK neg was a bit flat, his WD2D+ print showed impressive sharpness and very sharp grain (when highly enlarged). No problem with "flatness". These were silver prints. The article in Photo Techniques a few months ago is worth a read.

If you have some PMK, you can make up some WD2D (older formula) with some extra sodium bisulfite (or metabisulfite, not much difference) and sodium carbonate as part B instead of metaborate.

I don't know how much WD2D+ differs from the older published formula.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    You can make a flat negative with just about any developer. It just depends on how you use it.
    huh?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin