Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,031   Online: 992

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schrager View Post
    non developer incorporated papers keep just fine in a deep freezer...I have a stash of many such as oriental; forte;older kodabromide and I believe the emaks is likely the same...for contact printing starting off with a graded 2 or 3 paper will fit the bill...or of course the mas azo type paper...don't forget to put the light in some sort of cone enclosure to have the light more directional..
    I think it about time we start a thread of currrent non-developer incorporated papers...this would be very useful and well worth the time and money spent on these products!!
    best, peter
    Peter,

Yes, I believe such a thread would be very informative. My freezer is full of Zone VI Brilliant (the French stuff), Oriental (white box stuff), a couple boxes of Agfa MG, a couple boxes of Kodak Polymax, and some Zone VI VC III.
    I have a few boxes of J&C Nuance on my shelf next to the Azo. I specifically purchased the Nuance because I read it did not have developer incorporated. My Azo should last me about 20 years, so it will likely be a while before I get to some of these papers....
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just because a paper is a chloride or near chloride does not give it magical keeping properties, nor does it give the image tone of a true Azo print! So, just remember this when you really want a contact print with a chloride emulsion.

PE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin