Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,408   Online: 758

Thread: Amidol Popsicle

Amidol Popsicle

After a session in the darkroom playing around with Lodima a couple of weeks ago, and being so cheap, I decided to stick the Amidol developer in the freezer. Today I took it out of the freezer, and in the evening when it had thawed, I went back in the darkroom and made a print on Lodima. Still very active, and I pulled off a few prints before I got the call for supper...So, I stuck it back in the freezer until next time.
    Anybody else done this?

On another note, after supper I toned the Lodima print in selenium 1+5 for about 30 seconds...very, very beautiful warm shadows, cool middle and high values. I'm liking this paper more and more.
    Last edited by Andrew O'Neill; 05-05-2009 at 01:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This should slow down oxidation in developers, just likel it does with food. The cavaet here is that it can cause some componemts of some developer to crystalize out. They may not go back into solution until you re-heat them to the original mixing temperature, and depending on the mixing sequance, they may not even go back into solution then. I do sometimes keep colour developers for E6 once mixed in the fridge between uses, though, if I know I will be using them again in a week or two.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've put it in a wine bottle with a cork and left it for days on the counter. It still worked a week later for a short run.

Andrew, the real treat with this paper is when you look at a print under a bright light, a sunny room, the details in the shadows glow.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisf View Post
    I've put it in a wine bottle with a cork and left it for days on the counter.
    The Chinese Amidol looks WAY TOO CLOSE to red wine to ever store in a wine bottle. My bride would be pouring me a glass when I came home from work...."here honey, this will calm your nerves."
    John Bowen

Mike, nothing crystalized out that I could see. It all went back into solution after sitting in a bucket of hot water for a while. I will for sure get some more of this paper in the next run...whenever that will be. I do believe I missed the last one.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    Mike, nothing crystalized out that I could see. It all went back into solution after sitting in a bucket of hot water for a while. I will for sure get some more of this paper in the next run...whenever that will be. I do believe I missed the last one.
    Andrew,

You haven't missed anything yet. I'm sure MAS would welcome your order.
    John Bowen

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sure MAS would welcome your order.
    And the rest of us hoping that enough will place an order to make this happen

Emailed Michael about getting some more...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    And the rest of us hoping that enough will place an order to make this happen
    Amen to that!
    John Bowen

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin