Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,578   Online: 973

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lodima Fine Art Paper update

We tested a Grade 2 contrast grade Lodima Fine Art silver chloride paper last week, and we are more than pleased to report that it matched Azo Grade 2 exactly.

We have a coating date in the near future, but we need more orders to make it happen. So, if you have planned to order paper, but have not done so yet, now is the time.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    Large Format
    That's great news Michael! I have made some of my best prints ever on the test run that was shipped several months ago. I can't wait to get my hands on some grade 2! My supply of azo is running low.

I have already placed an order for the production run but plan to place another order later today. Thanks again for all your work on this project!

Hank

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by henrysamson View Post
    I have made some of my best prints ever on the test run that was shipped several months ago.
    Hank
    I've also made some of my best prints on paper from the last test run. I've been contact printing all my 4x5 and 6x6cm negs on the paper in order to conserve while I "learn" the new product.

I'm no master printer by any measure but I believe some of the prints I have made would hold their own against many fine photographs I have seen. If there is anyone in my relative area who is hesitating to order I would be happy to get together and show the work I have done thus far. I would also, in good faith, agree to ship a select group of my 6x6 prints within the CONUS for evaluation and return. Again, I make no claim to any exceptional printing skills but I am proud of the work and willing to do what I can to help further the production of this paper.

All the best. Shawn

Shooter
    Large Format
    Great news Michael. I'm looking forward to printing some 7x17 negatives on the new Lodima paper.
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good news indeed

Like others have noted I also feel I've made some of my best 8x10 contact prints on this beautiful paper.

8x10 and 9x11 pre-ordered.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Great News!!!! Michael
    I've just done my order,quite big, but I'm sure to increase my order Monday, When I'm coming back home..

Stefano
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I may just try some of this amAZO. What kind of results should I expect if I processed it in 1:2 Dektol?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Large Format
    There have been several comments on other threads/forums that Dektol is not good choice for AZO - greenish cast. I would imagine similar for new Lodima. I've been using Ansco PF 130 on Lodima and like the results - a hint of warmth. Lodima is a pleasure to work with, and looking forward to the next run.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    I may just try some of this amAZO. What kind of results should I expect if I processed it in 1:2 Dektol?
    Quote Originally Posted by doughowk View Post
    There have been several comments on other threads/forums that Dektol is not good choice for AZO - greenish cast. I would imagine similar for new Lodima. I've been using Ansco PF 130 on Lodima and like the results - a hint of warmth. Lodima is a pleasure to work with, and looking forward to the next run.
    I've used the MAS Amidol formula for Azo with extra KBr as well as PF130 1:1. If you don't need to use a water bath, to my eye, the 130 gives similar results. The water bath is very effective with the Amidol and is especially useful since we're talking about a graded paper. Since I can keep a working solution of 130 ready for quick use I've been using it and saving any contrasty negs for an occasional session with Amidol.

Shawn

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    Use amidol. There's just no substitute for it with silver chloride papers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin