Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,054   Online: 1236

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John, ya I guess that would be a good reason to try out Lodima. Going on vacation soon and planing to take my speed Graphic,even more of a reason to try Lodima. I do like to enlarge the smaller negs tho.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Mike,

If you decide to do some contact printing on Lodima/Amidol, you won't be dissapointed! Have fun on your vacation,
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Large Format
    Just a reminder that tomorrow August 7, is the last day to order Lodima before the price increases. I saw where folks were upset over Ilford's price increases; now is the time to lock in the current price of Lodima.
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    jgbowen, is amidol the the preferred developer for Lodima or can others work, like dektol.

Mike C.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

lodima and developers

the paper works with ansco 130 as well as amidol...I just did this yesterday and it did just fine...amidol lasts all day on a tray; not sure if the ansco does the same but I did print for many hours with no problem...no discernable difference in the prints
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've also tried it with Ansco 130, and it does fine, though amidol is better when you want to be able to use a waterbath to control contrast.

Ansco 130 will last quite a long time, if you put it back in a full bottle between uses. In an open tray, it lasts about 2-3 days, I find.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All right, thanks guys.Is amidol and ansco 130 still available in premixed packets,I have a lot of old negs form my great uncle that need contact printing.

Mike C.

In pre-mixed kits these chemicals are very expensive. Less expensive to purchase an inexpensive scale and buy the chemicals in bulk and mix your own.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    Large Format
    Moersch has come out with a kit for Amidol users that has a longer working life than one session - SE20 Amidol Plus. Haven't yet seen it listed in US but can find it at Retro Photographic

For Ansco 130 I use PhotoFormulary kit. The developer, if topped off between sessions, has an extremely long working life. If made from separate chemicals, I understand that the glycin powder has short shelf-life and should be kept frozen. Once in solution, though, it actually helps the developer to resist oxidation.

In my limited experience with Lodima, I don't think you can go wrong with using either Amidol or Ansco 130. They both yield striking images in a relatively easy manner.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

I agree with Doug and Peter. The 130 produces blacks that are, in the words of another, "stygian". Have a look at Michael and Paula's site. There is a long article on using various developers with Azo paper. 130 is close to Amidol, but the difference-as has been pointed out-is the ability to use a water bath with amidol, and thus to be able to control the contrast. Might be interesting to see what Ultrablack developer does with Lodima as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin