Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,875   Posts: 1,520,199   Online: 1222

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks again for the info,not to excited about mixing my own chems,but look into photo Formurly's version of Ansco 130 and check out Michael and Paula's site. Ultrablack haven't heard bout' that one yet.

Mike

Mike: Super-Black paper developer from Techchem....sold under other names as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    O k Mahler one, I will keep my eye open for that,haven't even purchased any Lodima yet but soon after I install a exhaust system over my sink I will.

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Mike c,

Sorry I didn't respond to your question earlier (out of town and no desire to be at a computer). Others seem to have covered it well. I've never used Anzco 130 (it's on my rainy day darkroom list of things to try) but I've had my best luck with Michael Smith's Amidol formula and Agfa Neutol WA. I didn't like the color of the prints I got with Dektol, but obviously Bruce Barlow likes the print color. I also follow Michael Smith's procedures for processing prints.

Good luck and welcome to Lodima!
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the reply John.

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Any reason why I can't expect good results with the first run (besides the super curl and some edge flaking of course)? I bought a box before I had my darkroom set up and I'm still "setting it up". I'm also not a high functioning printer so my expectations is to use deeper trays and slug out my woodshed time with this first batch and move on to another box once I get there.

Alan.

The "pre-production" run is beautiful paper. I have printed on it and could not have been more pleased, as have many others. So go to it.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

lodima

I made 50/5x7 prints last week in one day...used 5 different negatives...with the pre production run....prints like butter, used ansco 130 which I mixed up from scratch
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks for that bit of hand holding. I will fearlessly proceed...

Alan.

Shooter
    Large Format
    It seems that after about a minute or so in the developer, the curl is no longer an issue. The pre-prod is a grade #3; so, if you are doing water bath to get detail in highlights without blocking-up the shadows, the curl could be a problem since you'd probably be pulling earlier. I prefer controlling contrast thru flashing, thanks to Michael's guidance.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin