Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,547   Posts: 1,573,007   Online: 859

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AZO RC

Actually, what I said was that all Azo will henceforth be made in Brazil.

Images
    Jorge O's territory.
    Fools! They can never escape the grasp of APUG!
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well I got a semi response from Kodak (Mexico). They said AZO RC is only distribuited in Mexico and that Kodak Mexico does not ship anything to the US (yeah right!). OTOH they mention that if there was interest for this paper in the US perhaps they could ship to a "distribuitor".

Typical of Kodak, they said that only "distribuitors" here in Mexico can give me prices, so I will call around next week to find out what are the prices for different sizes.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks Jorge for your assistance.
    The Kodak answer is not unusual for me. They still produce the paper but do not want to promote it in the US because they market other products.
    But as I am not living in USA I could order some box and import them in the Old Europa !

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by philbed
    Thanks Jorge for your assistance.
    The Kodak answer is not unusual for me. They still produce the paper but do not want to promote it in the US because they market other products.
    But as I am not living in USA I could order some box and import them in the Old Europa !
    I guess you would have to get your camera store to order it, if it becomes too much a hassle let me know and I can get it for you.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks again Jorge for your kind help.
    In fact I use to buy most of my papers and chemicals by internet. There is some good resailers in Paris but for this particular item, I look for a Mexican store which could sell me some box of paper and send it to France. I am aware of all the problems I could encounter but as I told I have bought lenses in Japan and UK, chemicals in US, densitometer in Germany, and so on, all this with internet. I suppose it is also possible in Mexico.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by philbed
    Thanks again Jorge for your kind help.
    In fact I use to buy most of my papers and chemicals by internet. There is some good resailers in Paris but for this particular item, I look for a Mexican store which could sell me some box of paper and send it to France. I am aware of all the problems I could encounter but as I told I have bought lenses in Japan and UK, chemicals in US, densitometer in Germany, and so on, all this with internet. I suppose it is also possible in Mexico.
    I dont know, I will try to find a store that has internet purchasing. Have to wait until Monday.

jdef, I have no idea if they have fb, I will ask.

Paula and I would hope that everyone would buy their Azo from us and not get it from Mexico, even if they do have fiber-based paper, which I doubt. We have struggled mightely to keep Azo in production. As many of you know, Kodak had cancelled Grade 3 last year and it is only becasue of our intervention that they reinstated what were defunct catalogue numbers. To my knowledge, this is the first time that Kodak ever did this. it wasn't easy--it took months of discussion and cajoling. And that was just one of our efforts to preserve this paper.

At one time we was asked if we wanted RC Azo in the USA. We declined. There is barely enough usage of Azo to support continued production as is. If the orders were split between another paper (considering the RC as another paper) it could spell the death knoll for Azo, despite any arguments we would raise. Kodak evaluates what products to keep in production based on the amount of each catalogue number sold. Every product, grade, size of packaging, surface, etc., has a different catalogue number. We certainly do not want to split the sales into different products.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Michael, dont panic just yet... I have the feeling that many people want this RC for proofs and for post cards, perhaps mainly in 5x7? As I said, Kodak Mexico will not ship to anybody in the US unless it is a distribuitor, and given that Kodak sells FB Azo in the US it might carry some kind of customs diuties. I dont think you have anything to worry about.

Shooter
    Large Format
    *&%

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin