Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,832   Online: 831

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AZO RC

Shooter
    35mm
    AZO is not my territory, but the shop where I buy my photo goods is a Kodak reseller (now you know why I like so much PX :whistle: ), so next week I will ask the owner about the AZO - > Brazil connection.

Jorge O
    Curitiba - nice place to live, if you don't care about the weather...

Shooter
    35mm
    I've taken a look (and done a search) in Kodak's Brazil WEB site.

No AZO whatsoever, but I will ask just in case (they really have/had a graded paper factory over here).

Jorge O

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I don't think Azo RC would really compete with Azo FB. I use Azo FB for fine prints, and Azo RC would just substitute for other RC papers I use for other purposes, like casual snapshots, quick proofs from rollfilm, and postcards.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Michael your post sounds strange to me. Everybody knows how you are lobbying to maintain AZO FB paper available. And we are all very grateful for your action.
    AZO RC is in an other situation. If it is still in production it is probably because there is significant sales for Kodak. I cannot imagine how AZO RC could compete with AZO FB.
    And I do not want to import AZO RC in Usa but only buy a few box to use in France. If you can provide me AZO RC I will be very happy to order it to you.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Instead of viewing the market as of fixed size, I would think that an easy to use photo paper (RC) would encourage more people to explore the benefits of contact printing. In printing thru enlarging, I normally use RC paper for working prints, & FB paper for exhibition quality images.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

philbed: I am aware that you want to use Azo RC in France. No problem. We cannot get it here in the US, so get it in Mexico. Although RC paper has different uses than FB paper, not everyone understands that and so our decision not to stock it was based on not wanting to dilute sales of FB. And some who print on FB would use RC for proofing, which would cut into sales. In addition, the Azo selling "business," as I have said before, is more to save the paper than to make money (of which there is very little to be made). Stocking another product would have entailed higher costs (with money we do not have) and more storage space.

Images
    There an industry in mexico that exports to the US that does not pay customs or anything else. It's an agricultural business that ships their product in unmarked ductaped plastic wrapped packages, usually in the base boards of trucks or other clandestine places. Maybe these nice service minded folks could be asked to bring som AZO RC over the border. According to the news they make regular trips. ;^)
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

"....ships their product in unmarked ductaped plastic wrapped packages, usually in the base boards of trucks or other clandestine places..."

Ya but if we did get Azo from them would we be able to find the appropriate U.V. powered bong to smoke it in?

I hear they haven't been made since the mid sixties.

Shooter
    35mm
    Funny, the main business in Paraguay is selling imported goods to Brazil - " usually in the base boards of trucks or other clandestine places..."

Jorge O

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, lets up the ante. A friend came over tonight to use my darkroom for proofs. She brought along an old box (unopened) of 11x14 "Kodak Professional Contact Paper." It is single weight, resin coated and seems to be about a grade 2. She tried printing with my enlarger and I went into the house for dinner. When I came back out, she was looking a bit "determined" because she was up to 60 seconds in room lighting and still having faint prints.

I set up my contact printing lamp and did a test print with 15, 30, 45 and 60 seconds. BINGO! 30 seconds was correct so we printed and the first one came out with a slight greenish hue. Did 4:00 in selenium at 1:9 and got a sepia brownish-red. Backed it down to 1:00 and it is about right. This stuff acts very much like azo, but there is no description on the box about it, no grade, nothing about its makeup.

So, the million dollar question is, what is this stuff? Although the box is old, it prints perfectly. Could this be an older version of RC azo?

Michael, would this be what you started contact printing with many moons ago?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin