Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,901   Posts: 1,555,803   Online: 789

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AZO RC

I never heard of this. When I started contact printing I used Azo. And if it is an RC paper it cannot be that old. To me, all RC paper is a very new development.

Images
    You wouldn't need a UV bong for AZO that's for the Pt/Pd smugglers. With AZO you would have to worry more about getting twinky and ding-dong crumbs on the glass as you switched on the shop light.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

So they are moving Azo production from Canada to Brazil? I wonder if this RC stuff is actually made in Canada?

To the best of my knowledge, the RC paper was never made in Canada.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well, I went to a store and typical of Mexican organization, they did not have prices for AZO RC other than the 5x7 box they had there. I have them finding out prices for alternative sizes, but the 100 sheet box of 5x7 is approx $18 for one and $15 for 2 or more. I will let you all know later what other prices I am able to find.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you Jorge for your kind help.
    This is not typical of Mexican organisation, we have also this kind of answer in France.
    It's Latin touch. Someone likes, other don't.
    I'm French and I use to deal with this. We have learn to be patient, go out from the store when they call for an information, take a coffee, look at the girl walking in the street, go back to the store and heard the reseller saying"Sorry, it's out of the stock !".
    C'est la vie !

Pls. forgive my ignorance. Shoud anyone tell me the advantages of AZO over other graded paper? I am making a purchasing plan for contact print my 4x5 negs. Where can I buy this paper in internet?
    Best wishes,
    Marcel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    marcelwu,
    Go to http://michaelandpaula.com - there is a lot of information there about Azo. They also sell Azo.

Marcel,

YOu should read the articles I wrote about Azo, particularly, "How to print on 100-year old paper." It is at www.michaelandpaula.com. then click on Azo. Then click on writing about Azo. You will find it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelwu
    Pls. forgive my ignorance. Shoud anyone tell me the advantages of AZO over other graded paper? I am making a purchasing plan for contact print my 4x5 negs. Where can I buy this paper in internet?
    The characteristics of Azo are a longer scale paper then conventional enlarging paper. Grade two Azo will have an ES of 1.60 whereas conventional enlarging paper will have an ES of about 1.10 (depending on paper). Translated into everyday language that means that Azo will convey about a stop and 2/3 more tonal scale then enlarging paper. The Dmax (deepest black) is 2.05 by my tests and the Dmin (lightest white) is .07.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin