Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,755   Online: 934

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    You CAN make good prints on enlarging paper.
    Maybe you can but I certainly cannot make a decent contact print on enlarging paper. This Fomalux paper is...well, I really appreciate it. It is so much easier to work with. I am very, very pleased to have it available.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Phototone,

You are correct. I was looking for any paper to make contact prints and a friend suggested Emacs as a place to start. I was going through the paper options at Freestyle and stumbled on the contact option of 312. I was honestly surprised as I didnt know there was a contact paper option outside of old hoards of Azo or the new paper of Lodima, which I didnt order and may get scraps of what someone decided not to purchase.

I'm fairly new to contact printing, is there a paper you like as I am in "try 'em" mode.

Thanks,

./e

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Is it worth it!!!!! RC and Matt. the tow things you don't want. I havn't got my Lodima 8x20 and have a show in 3 months adn I need to reprint many of my 8x20 negs but I was hoping for the paper by Oct now it isn't coming till Feb. maybe, so I'm needing a contact paper but this paper is not even close to what could be used a good paper for displaying your work for sale.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The Emkes 888 looks like it could be good. anyone use that before when contact printing
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Michael,

I have used Emaks graded and Foma Fomatone MG Classic for some of my 8 x 20 and 5 x 7 contact prints. The Emaks is neutral/warm and Fomatone warm, but looks great depending on the look you are after.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It occurred to me to look for sites in Spanish mentioning this paper, and I found this:

http://www.corporaciondeoriente.com.mx/papelbn.html

They describe Fomalux as "made especially for Corporacion de Oriente", so I guess they are the Mexican market driving the production of the paper. I just glanced very briefly around the site, but it looks like they're basically a wholesaler to photo processors. I don't know why processors in Mexico would have a particular need for a contact paper, but I must say I'm glad that they apparently do...

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Apparently no one has mentioned this yet, but I just mixed up some 1:9 RST out of an old bottle and threw a 312 print in. In 3 minutes I had rich chocolate tones. Didn't quite expect that, but I like it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    " it is an RC paper - not FB. I loath working with fiber based paper."

You will find there are no serious fine B&W printers who work with RC papers.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin