Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,745   Online: 868

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: AZO Lightsource

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When using R-40 bulbs, be sure to get flood blubs - not spot bulbs. The floods give a more even spread, at least in my shop.
    juan

Images
    All my hardware store has is the heat lamp one with the silvered base and the clear glass on top.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

I called our local small-town electrical supply store: Doylestown Electric: (215-348-9074, ask for parts), and asked, " How much is an R-40 300 Watt bulb, regular base?"

Their answer: "About $8 and we have plenty of them in stock."

I find it hard to believe, though it is obviously true, that this would be a difficult item to get.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I went to Home Depot looking for R40 300W and they were out. I went across the street to Menards and asked the guy in the lighting section and he said they had nothing like that and he had never heard of it. Luckily, when he moved aside, I saw that he was standing directly in front of the R40 300W watt bulbs, so I bought one. I think it was $9. I think they labelled it as a "utility light" or something like that ("work light" maybe).

I hang it in a silver reflector about 4 feet above the paper and my times are usually in the 10-20 second range.

They seem to be available around here.

Best,

William
    "I know of no country in which there is so little independence of mind and real freedom of discussion as in America." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

Images
    UPDATE: New glass, new bulb, new times.

I got a single pane window glass for my frame, and a 120W R40 flood bulb. With the light 24" above my frame, I was able to get printing times in the neighborhood of 8-12 seconds depending on my negs. Very happy now!
    hi!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin